How do I recover my contacts?
Grantlauri

The other day some of my contacts just were gone from my droid mini, can anyone tell me how to get them back?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Some of my contacts have disappeared from my droid mini
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Make sure all of your contacts are set as Google contacts and let Google back them up.  My guess is your contacts are set as Backup Assistant or Verizon contacts. If this is the case go into Verizon Cloud on your computer and move all of the contacts you want to keep out of the trash can to the active area. Let them sync to your phone and then change them all over to google contacts so google is your backup for these. Then delete them from Verizon Cloud

View solution in original post

Tamarlyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you save them to the same account? (For example I have a Droid Maxx I once deselected the auto sync box my Google account). Your Verizon could also has a auto sync y=for contacts also if may be not be set to auto sync.

Check your auto sync settings.

On my Droid Maxx

Green Phone

Lower Right (three squares)

Accounts

Auto -Sync app data (there is a small square) make sure this is checked. You should see a list of accounts Google, Facebook, Phone, ect.

This was my problem my phone was not set auto-sync. So when I add a contact to my phone it was saving to my Google account.

As far as getting them back it may depend where they were saved to in your phone. If you have different Google accounts I would check to see if you saved them to a different account. Try syncing all your accounts. Otherwise they may be lost.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Make sure all of your contacts are set as Google contacts and let Google back them up.  My guess is your contacts are set as Backup Assistant or Verizon contacts. If this is the case go into Verizon Cloud on your computer and move all of the contacts you want to keep out of the trash can to the active area. Let them sync to your phone and then change them all over to google contacts so google is your backup for these. Then delete them from Verizon Cloud

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no that shoud not be happening. Let's look into this. Are you backing up to Verizon Cloud?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

This happens every time either Verizon Cloud makes an update or the phone updates the OS and it is very widespread.  I have answered 10-12 posts just like this one between yesterday and today

0 Likes
Grantlauri

I cannot figure out how to get my contacts back. I don't know what to do. I have tried all the suggestion

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You went into the cloud from a computer?  Did you check the Trashcan in Cloud?  Did you move the connections out of the trash can then try to sync again?

0 Likes
Grantlauri

I did not check it from a computer. I will now

0 Likes
Grantlauri

Thank you all so much!! I got my contacts back, I went and logged into my cloud on a computer and restored them from the trash.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You are very welcome. Glad I could help!!

0 Likes