Re: very weak signal strength
roy4481

my fiancee and I both have the same phone (dinc2) she will have a good signal while mine will have a poor to no signal and will drop calls. I use this phone for work so something needs to be done! I was going to take it back to vzw but after reading here it seems as if this would just be a waste of time and no one really knows a solution to this problem...

0 Likes
kom11416

I purchase my htc incredible 2 just a few days ago, signal is rottin!!! Cant even use the phone in my home where I have lived for the past 12 years. My wife and kids have other brands of verizon phones and there signal is great. My old phone in which I up graded for to the incredible 2 was a Lg and it always has a good signal at my house as well. The phone is worthless for making calls..

Luclky its within my first month with this new phone so I can return it for another brand, to bad though the features of this phone are great as long as you dont want to make a call with it.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning kom11416,

I just wanted to touch base with you about your device. May I ask did you exchange the HTC Droid Incredible 2 for another make & model device? If so then what device did you decide on? If you haven't made this decision yet then you also have the option to purchase a network extender for indoor usage. Depending on your location, this can be an excellent alternative if you really want to keep the device. I would love to hear from you as to what decision that you made. 

Thank you...

0 Likes
MRTTGAEADS1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously...the turn off and back on excuse.

Got a better idea. How about if Verizon creates an app that allows us to report weak signal to dropping calls. You can then take that data and find where you need to upgrade or overbuild the network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Mrttgaeads1!

I really like your idea about an application! I will push this feedback up to my leadership to see if something could be developed.

Now, You would be very surprised by how often a "cycle" or "reboot" resolves on issue, but thank you for your concern!

Please advise if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Muggle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have read this chain and found that I have done EVERYTHING listed and STILL am having problems. iI is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING for me to sit between my daughter using a pan tech jest and by my husband with a Casio rock, and watch them text and call people while my phone hovers between one measly bar to no service! II, too have had it reset, reprogrammed, replaced, not water damage and it has been in a gel cover with screen covers since it left the package in APRIL.

I need a REAL SOLUTION as this is MY EVERYTHING phone.Seeing that I just bought this phone, I CANNOT afford to buy another, If a satisfactory is

reach, I WILL be forced to cancel and take my business (whjch includes three phones and Several other customer who are watching how this is handled!)

0 Likes
mkeshizzle

Thank you.  ATT has had an app like this for 1.5 years.  It has been VERY useful.  Surprised VZW does not have one.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Honestly I'm not sure if that application actually helps those customers if their own customer forum is any indication.

mkeshizzle wrote:

Thank you.  ATT has had an app like this for 1.5 years.  It has been VERY useful.  Surprised VZW does not have one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mkeshizzle

True.  Who knows how much use AT&T gets out of it.  Signal improved in my area months later.  Whether by because of app or by planned buildout who knows.  But crowd sourcing can't hurt. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are looking for a crowd sourcing application for phone signal, I personally use Sensorly which is available in the Play Store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes