How do I get my Droid to accept iPhone text messages?
LPcatlover

I have turned off iMessage as well as unregistering my old iPhone. I'm still not receiving text messages from most of my iPhone friends and family. What else can I do to fix this?! I have been to my Verizon store twice trying to remedy this. So far no luck. I am at a loss as to anything else I can do to make this work.

0 Likes
Re: How do I get my Droid to accept iPhone text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll work hard to get those messages working again. Turning off iMessage and unregistering your iPhone were great steps. When you login with your Apple ID online, there should also be an option to unregister specific products including iMessage. Make sure that is no longer registered.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LPcatlover

I have already unregistered the phone online too. Thank you in advance for

resolving this issue as soon as possible!! I have had to ask people to turn

off their iMessage before responding to my texts so that I receive their

responses.

On Sep 24, 2013 4:50 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
LPcatlover

I went online again with Apple to see if there was a place to unregister iMessage, but I didn't see that. I did go in and change the password for my Apple ID. I read, on a Samsung forum, that I should change my password also. Unfortunately I am still having problems receiving texts. I was told that my text was in a gray bubble instead of green or blue. I don't know what that means!

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Lpcatlover

Thanks for replying. Please try this and retest: call all the contact that have iPhones and tell them to turn iMessaging off, or delete my contact, reboot their phone, and re-enter my phone number.

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
christyanstett

I am having the exact same problem, and really don't think I should have to reach out to all of my iphone contacts and have them perform a delete, reboot and add.  There has to be a better way.

Texting is very important communication for me.

0 Likes
LPcatlover

I know it is a pain to have to ask them to go through this but the good

news is it DOES work. I now receive texts from my iPhone folks.

On Oct 17, 2013 8:32 AM, "christyanstett" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes