How do I get a SIM Unlock code for an old Motorola DROID 2 Global?
desoto7

Hello,

I put a SIM card in my old DROID 2 Global and it asks for an unlock code. I did some research, and what I read it says that Verizon Wireless does not lock any of it's phones. This phone is CDMA and should not need an unlock code, but it still asks for one. Where do I go to get one?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIM Unlock code for old Motorola DROID 2 Global?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless would need to unlock the SIM card for global use since it is a EDVO only smartphone that was global ready for use overseas. It can't be used on another carrier in the USA.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless would need to unlock the SIM card for global use since it is a EDVO only smartphone that was global ready for use overseas. It can't be used on another carrier in the USA.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
desoto7

Could it be used on another carrier if and when I get the unlock code? And where would I get one? Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could use on another GSM carrier overseas like in Europe or India for example, but the functionality would be limited. You have to be a current Verizon Wireless customer to request the SIM unlock code.

0 Likes