How do I get Android 4.0 on this device?
Steverino721

How do I get Android 4.0 on this the Incredible 2?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get Android 4.0 on this device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing that information for us Steverino721. At this time the device is not expected to receive any additional software updates being released from HTC. I certainly do apologize about this but once a device has been discontinued, it no longer receives any additional updates to the operating system. Have you thought of purchasing a new device if you are eligible for an uprgade? We just want to cover all options so that you are able to enjoy these new updated applications again.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand the need of the latest & greatest softwares! What is the current software on your Incredible 2? Go to settings > about > software version/build version.

Additionally, lets check to see if an update is available. Go to settings > software update > check new.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Steverino721

Lena,

I currently am running Android 2.3.4, and I am getting no updates available. Because I do not have 4.0, I am no longer able to get NFL mobile as well as other apps. I understand that Verizon does not want to upgrade this phone because it is only a 3G device. Can you find out if this is a true statement or will they relent?

Steve

0 Likes
Steverino721

Lena,

I currently am running Android 2.3.4, and I am getting no updates available. Because I do not have 4.0, I am no longer able to get NFL mobile as well as other apps. I understand that Verizon does not want to upgrade this phone because it is only a 3G device. Can you find out if this is a true statement?

Steve

0 Likes
Not applicable

The phone is 3 1/2 years old is LONG past getting updates. And Verizon doesn't make the updates the phone manufacturer does. So HTC is the one that makes the update for your phone and they are not going to upgrade such an old device. Even if you could upgrade to 4.0 that app wouldn't work well on your device

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing that information for us Steverino721. At this time the device is not expected to receive any additional software updates being released from HTC. I certainly do apologize about this but once a device has been discontinued, it no longer receives any additional updates to the operating system. Have you thought of purchasing a new device if you are eligible for an uprgade? We just want to cover all options so that you are able to enjoy these new updated applications again.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes