How do I create different alert sounds for various notifications?
jesscus

i'm not near the techy many of you are, but this question is way basic even for me.  sorry.  but my phone makes the same sound for every single notification, new text, appointment reminder, battery fully charged (although that one always comes if and only if i wake it up, so sometimes it is on the charger longer than it needs to be Smiley Sad ), download complete... it is the sound i set up under the settings, but i wonder if there isn't a way to change the particular sound for certain types of notifications so when it is across the room making noise i can register what sort of notification i'm getting without dropping everything i'm doing to go stare at my phone.  and how do i get it to repeat/remind me of these notifications if i happened to miss the alert sound the first time? i am usually good at just figuring this stuff out, but at this point, my guess is it isn't possible. does this mean an app is my answer? recommendations? thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I create different alert sounds for various notifications?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the settings in each app that you want a specific notification for. The text message app, the gmail, google talk, google+, and other application have options for a separate notification tone from the default one. The email app is usually tied to the default tone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the settings in each app that you want a specific notification for. The text message app, the gmail, google talk, google+, and other application have options for a separate notification tone from the default one. The email app is usually tied to the default tone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jesscus

Thank you, Ann!

0 Likes
kdwpilgrim

I have had a similar question... how can I make the notification for incoming texts be unique for different senders, like you can make ring tones unique for different contacts?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Individual text message ringtones per each contact is not a feature of the stock message application. You will need a third party text message application from the Android Market for that.

Individual ringtones for phone calls from contacts is an option under the People/Contacts app.

0 Likes
kdwpilgrim

Thanks. I thought that woukd be the case.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE Phone

0 Likes