How do I add music to the Droid?
agill407

How do I add music to the droid phone? and also how would I add movies to the phone as well?

0 Likes
Re: How do I add music to the Droid?
rstaylormd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Connect the usb charging cable to your computer.

Drag the notification bar down and look for the "USB CONNECTED" message.  Click on that.

Click Mount.

Now go to your computer and you will see this as a removeable device in My Computer.

When you are done be sure to disconnect the device on the computer first

Then drag the nofication  bar down again and click on the usb connection.  Now you select the Option to Turn off USB Storage

This works very well.  Light years ahead of the WinMo copy methods

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

Go to motororola and downloand Motorola Media Link.

It will allow your to mount your device and you can literally pull all of your music, pics etc... from the computer to the phone.  I pulled all of my ITunes music to the phone.

WHATEVER YOU DO AFTER THAT NEVER CLICK UNMOUNT.  You will have to pull the battery to remount and it's a pain in the **bleep**.

0 Likes
talkdj
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have a Mac you can use a program from Salling Media.  It will sync your iTunes, Podcasts, Photo's.  The free one will keep erasing your data and re-entering it.  The paid version $22.50 will automatically update as needed.

0 Likes
rjones

<WHATEVER YOU DO AFTER THAT NEVER CLICK UNMOUNT.  You will have to pull the battery to remount and it's a pain in the **bleep**>

You're using the wrong Unmount. You should unmount the drive before disconnecting from USB to assure data doesn't get corrupted by going back to the notification menu slider and unmounting the SD drive FROM USB.

The Unmount you're talking about is in the SD Card and Storage settings in the Settings menu. That will unmount the card from your DROID, which is different than unmounting it from USB. If you do that, as you say, you'll have to pull the SD card and put it back in.

I'll admit this is confusing and something needs to be changed about the wording used in both instances.

0 Likes
rjones

You can also use Windows Media Player to do a sync. Just be sure to attach DROID and mount the drive to USB before starting Media Player. Click sync in Media Player and the DROID will be shown as a Motorola device.

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I know...

I only hit unmount becaue I was trying to write this post... ended up having to research it and do a battery pull. 

But it's back to normal.

0 Likes