How do I Merge Contact lists (Phone contacts list with my Outlook email contacts)?
karlmisc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I like a lot of people just recently purchased a Motorola Droid X and now get Email on my phone, but all my email contacts are in my computer running in Outlook 2007. Here's my issue. I already imported all my contacts from my old phone into my new Driod X via Verizon Back Up Assistant. So, I have all my phone #'s and contacts without any email addresses. But, I have all those same contacts Email addresses in my computer in Outlook 2007. How do I merge the two contact lists without creating a disaster? I'm sure all the names aren't exactly the same and I would have duplicates and other problems. I was thinking I might have to just hand enter everything into Outlook 2007, delete my contacts from my phone and import everything from Outlook.

Can anyone advise me with this?

Thanks!

Karl

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I Merge Contact lists (Phone contacts list with my Outlook email contacts)?
lewwill
Enthusiast - Level 3
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/transfer-contacts-between-outlook-and-google-gmail-HA... I did it by exporting my Outlook Contacts to my computer desktop as a .csv file and then importing them to my Gmail account. That synced the files to my Droid X. I got all my contacts on the Droid. Might have a little cleanup to do but worked great.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I Merge Contact lists (Phone contacts list with my Outlook email contacts)?
lewwill
Enthusiast - Level 3
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/transfer-contacts-between-outlook-and-google-gmail-HA... I did it by exporting my Outlook Contacts to my computer desktop as a .csv file and then importing them to my Gmail account. That synced the files to my Droid X. I got all my contacts on the Droid. Might have a little cleanup to do but worked great.
0 Likes
karlmisc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the advice! I haven't tried it yet, but I did follow the link you gave me and it looks promising. I knew there wasn't a perfect way to do this but I think your solution is as good as it gets. Thanks again for your help!!

0 Likes
mattlar

I am doing the same thing except I linked my Droid X up to my Verizon Backup, Gmail, AOL, and Outlook accounts ... PLUS, the majority of my contacts are on an old Palm.  So I am bringing all of my Palm contacts into Outlook (similar operation as the link already posted to your solutions.)  Then my phone will automatically use them because I am already linked.

Now, like you, I had 3 or 4 occurances of the same contact.  But if you tap the contact name on your phone, you get a button to link it to another contact.  So this way, I do not have to delete the contacts in the other locations.  Using the link feature just lumps them all into one contact on the phone.  It works great.

0 Likes
karlmisc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! That's another good idea. I'll have to play around and see what way will work best for me.

0 Likes