Horrible Customer Service
Stasonike

Does anyone remember when companies really provided customer service?  Customer service has turned into customer ultimatum.  Recently I have been having problems with my phone.  It randomly freaks out, powers down, locks up and drains the battery among other things.  I pulled the battery several times and it still does the same thing. I took it to a store and they said do a hard reset.  I do that, and still same issues.  After becoming completely fed up with the situation I contact Verizon customer service. What a joke.  I tell them about the problem and their answer is, oh I’m sorry your phone is out of warranty so we won’t be able to replace it.  I have had this phone for just over a year. Their solution is that I can purchase a phone from that is refurbished or a brand new one at full retail price utilizing their financing plan.  This is the only option they present.  I am not impressed at this point. 

Next I ask them why my upgrade date suddenly changed from August of 2013 to January of 2014.  Their response to that is I’m sorry, but it has been moved to match your contract end date. Shouldn’t I have been notified?  I did not receive any notification.  If you can just arbitrarily move my upgrade date to suit you, why can’t you move it to suit me? 

I ask to speak to a supervisor and they tell me a supervisor is not available, but they will have one return a call to me.  I have yet to hear from them.  I am not asking for something for nothing, just a reasonable solution to a situation. If you are a Verizon customer, you should take your business elsewhere.  If you are not a Verizon customer, don’t do business with them.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Service
rcschnoor
Legend

It seems to me you are exaggerating about your upgrade date. Upgrade dates have been moved for contracts signed on or after Jan 1, 2012.

If your upgrade date was originally in August of 2013, you signed your last contract in December of 2011 and would therefore NOT be affected by this change.

If you are exaggerating about the upgrade date, I would wonder what else you are exaggerating about.

0 Likes