Re: Hope VZW is ready for mass refunds on 9/23
bigdtrucker

When the phone was bought, you bought it as is in the contract. Upgrades are never promised in the contract.. Pretty plain and simple. I had to wait for updates on my Omnia 2 for 5 months. I guess the way I look at it there's not one phone out there that hasn't had any problems or is requiring some type of update. Heck you could of bought the new iPhone that is suppose to change the direction of the sun and look at the problems its having......These Mfgs are just pushing the envelope to ge thet product out the door. That's why I wait at least 6 months after a phone put out on the market before I buy...Let some other monkey find out all the problems and get them fixed.

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

it wasnt just by the contract. the marketing done by verizon stated that the x would be the first android phone to offer flash. It wasnt. Future upgrades. It hasnt happened yet. There are issues with the phone and when i address them with verizon reps all they say is we`ll exchange it or you can just wait for the update fixes which for whatever reason they have decided to wait to put all the fixes and roll them into the 2.2 upgrade. Here`s how i see things as happening when they release the 2.2 upgrade. If any problems arise from the expected update then motorola and verizon and google will just point their fingers at one another blaming the other for the issues. This phone was sold as being fast and smooth. Fine then do whatever it takes to make it that way and i`m talking about the lag from the moment the lock screen gets swiped. I was sold on this phone because the marketing led me to believe that this phone was the cats meow well lets get on with the updates to make it purr. 

0 Likes
mjtimko

galaxie500fb wrote:

it wasnt just by the contract. the marketing done by verizon stated that the x would be the first android phone to offer flash. It wasnt. Future upgrades. It hasnt happened yet. There are issues with the phone and when i address them with verizon reps all they say is we`ll exchange it or you can just wait for the update fixes which for whatever reason they have decided to wait to put all the fixes and roll them into the 2.2 upgrade. Here`s how i see things as happening when they release the 2.2 upgrade. If any problems arise from the expected update then motorola and verizon and google will just point their fingers at one another blaming the other for the issues. This phone was sold as being fast and smooth. Fine then do whatever it takes to make it that way and i`m talking about the lag from the moment the lock screen gets swiped. I was sold on this phone because the marketing led me to believe that this phone was the cats meow well lets get on with the updates to make it purr. 

I agree with Galaxie500fb 100%.  This is the same bill of goods Verizon sold me.

Being that I had a Storm, I liked Virtual qwerty, so the X was going to suit me just fine.  I knew I would not be happy with the D2 no matter how similar.  For the cost, a larger screen and hdmi out was the way to go.

I was never led to believe the update would be delayed.  Way back when, I was told, by my salesman, August 2010.

On another front, finger pointing has already begun.  Last week I made phone calls to Verizon, Motorola and Google.  Google says we only made the operating system, not the phone.  Motorola says we made the phone, but are not responsible for carrier delays.  Verizon points the finger at the other two saying that were just the carrier and not responsible for a operating system with bugs or a phone with issues supporting the operating system.

Also, I don't see why all the fixes that need to be done need to be done in 2.2.  I guess I got off lucky, the only bug ran into was that my screen scrolled, like an old tv with no vhold, for about three hours after activation.

Since the update is behind, then just start releasing smaller updates that will be the equivalent of 2.2.  Send us the JIT Compiler and Flash Support.  Send us MS Exchange when it works.  Send us a sound fix when its available.

But the most important thing... stop us from waiting.

0 Likes
GeekGuy

mjtimko wrote:

galaxie500fb wrote:

I agree with Galaxie500fb 100%.  This is the same bill of goods Verizon sold me.

Being that I had a Storm, I liked Virtual qwerty, so the X was going to suit me just fine.  I knew I would not be happy with the D2 no matter how similar.  For the cost, a larger screen and hdmi out was the way to go.

I was never led to believe the update would be delayed.  Way back when, I was told, by my salesman, August 2010.

On another front, finger pointing has already begun.  Last week I made phone calls to Verizon, Motorola and Google.  Google says we only made the operating system, not the phone.  Motorola says we made the phone, but are not responsible for carrier delays.  Verizon points the finger at the other two saying that were just the carrier and not responsible for a operating system with bugs or a phone with issues supporting the operating system.

Also, I don't see why all the fixes that need to be done need to be done in 2.2.  I guess I got off lucky, the only bug ran into was that my screen scrolled, like an old tv with no vhold, for about three hours after activation.

Since the update is behind, then just start releasing smaller updates that will be the equivalent of 2.2.  Send us the JIT Compiler and Flash Support.  Send us MS Exchange when it works.  Send us a sound fix when its available.

But the most important thing... stop us from waiting.

For the millionth time...THE UPDATE IS NOT BEHIND AND HAS NOT BEEN DELAYED AND IS STILL ON SCHEDULE.

Stop passing incorrect info.

0 Likes
mjtimko

GeekGuy wrote:

For the millionth time...THE UPDATE IS NOT BEHIND AND HAS NOT BEEN DELAYED AND IS STILL ON SCHEDULE.

Stop passing incorrect info.

What incorrect information are you claiming that I am passing on?

If you are referring to the date of August 2010, then it is up to VZW to prove my sales person wrong.  This is what I was told when I got my phone.  As far as I am concerned, I had no reason to doubt my sales persons sincerity on July 15th, 2010.

If VZW needs to quit playing cloak and dagger with release info.

All we want is date we can put on the calender... is that too much to ask.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Oh my good god people, give it a rest! No amount of whining, complaining, or threats is gonna get you an update any faster. Us here in Eris-land did that and we ended up with a buggy {word filter avoidance} os. After the update, y'all are the same ones who will be yelling and screaming, demanding new phones because verizon "broke" yours. And, if you think you can run into verizon on the 23rd and demand anything, well that's a show I'd like to see.

0 Likes
Re: Take a deep breath.....Ahhmmm, now let it out.....
cmcamp76

Geri O I wasnt trying to bad mouth you by any means, i am just at a loss as to what all the commotion is about the update, I have a great sense of humor and u didnt offend me at all in your post... I wasnt trying to target you either... your post was just the last post i saw so i replied there. No harm intended... My phone is great and i have had good luck with it, im sorry to hear about all the people that have or are having problems. Hopefully verizon can get those people taken care of... Anyhow have a good day. Thanks for making me smile Smiley Happy

0 Likes
rushedinlove

I went to the Verizon store yesterday and the sales representative made a claim that the 2.2 for update is rolling out for the Droid X. He said I may get it today or in three weeks. I also called Motorola on Friday. The automated message said the updates are rolling out as well but it didn't say which phone model.

I went in because my phone is bugging out like most other Droid x users

• youtube uploading issues [waiting for wifi even though I am on wifi]
  • rebooting [on it's own]
  • gallery issues [blank screen until reset]
  • lag [moving screen to screen or applications and widgets aren't on the screen until 30 seconds later]
  • GPS [searching for GPS message]
  • there are more issues .. can't remember ..

I already did one manufacture reset the first week I had the phone. I may do another one. But what's the point ??

He thought I had too many applications which I don't. So he downloaded Advance Task Killer. He claims Google wrote emails to them stating to advise android owners to have the app on their phone in order for the phone to work properly.

Every time I open the app about every 30 minutes there's a bunch of applications [12 apps] running which I never opened. I feel like I have to use the Advance Task killer all the time to make the phone work efficiently. It has a 1 GHz processor !! It should be able to run a bunch of apps !! He believes the froyo update will fix all my problems. We'll see.

I am very dissapointeed .. I will demand a new phone before the 30 day gurantee unless the update helps. Hopefully it'll come before the 30 day.

I just want a functional phone !!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Google did not tell ANYBODY to use a task killer: http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/ This info was taken directly from the android dev webpage I.e. google
0 Likes
disturbedrod

So i've been reading the forums and threads, people getting angry at people whining about 2.2, people that were whining getting angry at people getting angry at them... this will be my first post

I love my Droid X, probably I was one of the few that got one with no bugs at all, Camera works perfect, no reboots, no gallery issues, haven't uploaded any youtube video and not planning on doing it any time soon, but I've watched a few with no problems, not having lag moving between screens, GPS working perfectly, no volume issues, summary... no issues... even my battery lasts good 24 hours, and I recevie a lot of emails, text messages, make my share of phone calls, go to facebook and update my status a couple times, reply to some posts made by friends and then go to bed with 50% of battery left, and I don't have the extended battery, regular one that came with the phone.

So I wonder how you all people complaining about 2.2 and how it's going to solve your lives, flash player and blah blah blah, on my own experience, and I've been using smartphones for a long long time...

1. How do you browse the web in a phone?, yes, doing a quick research for something is helpful, looking for the latest picture of Megan Fox :smileysurprised: or something like that, but actually using your phone to browse the web? don't you have a computer with a bigger screen you can use? how is flash going to make your browsing experience better in a 4 inches (or smaller) screen? I use the web from time to time on my phone, like the other day when we were discussing how old Stallone is, browser -> google -> "stallone age"... if I spend 10 minutes every day browsing the web is too much, more than 10 minutes and it becomes annoying

2. Many will say they use it to read the news, stocks, facebook, twitter, email... aren't there applications designed to do this and make it easier for everyone to read the news we want? facebook has an application too, designed for the phone, twitter, cnn, abc, etc all have applications designed for the phone, what you read on the internet doesn't have one? how about RSS, many sites have RSS, suscribe and done, RSS is your friend, use an application designed for the phone to read RSS, email? come on!!! I have hotmail, yahoo, gmail, me.com (yes I was an iPhone user) and the office's email (Exchange 2007)... all of them connected to my phone, ALL, no issues at all, and I didn't have to download anything extra, just the standard email application included with the phone, they work perfect.

3. Froyo is 2 to 5 times faster, oh wow, wait... that means that instead of waiting 1.5 seconds for my application to load I will have it in like half a second? like if I can accomplish a lot of things in one second, like having an OS 5 times faster is going to help with my typing and dyslexic fingers or is it going to help sending a file that is big over the network faster? I mean we are tied to 3G's speed, nothing Froyo can do about it, or transfering the file to the computer, we are tied to the speed of USB 2.0

4. Listening to music, I don't use the phone for that, that's why I have a gadget designed for music (I love my zune), probably you don't have one, ok, so you have to use the phone, perfect... is Froyo going to change the way you listen to music? is it going to make you sing better? I bet you will still be using that app you downloaded from the store and not the one included with the phone, loading and mp3, instead of waiting 2 seconds to start listening to the music how fast is going to be? 1 second?

So come one people, yes, Verizon and Motorola are big bad evil companies that probably will delay the upgrade, but I can see them trying to do something right, even if they delay the upgrade, I bet many will come back and complain about something else, I've seen Flash in BETA stage, that means a lot of bugs are going your way, who will you blame this time when sites don't load correctly or when in the middle of your farmville session the browser crashes??

If you don't like the facts, you have two options, keep the phone and wait for the upgrade that will come one day, probably tomorrow, probably in the next 6 months, who knows or return it if you can and get a Droid 2, or return it saying they sold you the phone promising flash and 2.2 and all that and threat Verizon with a BBB complaint, I'm sure they will be more than happy to change your phone.

0 Likes