Re: Home replacements?
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3
I recently downloaded ADW.Launcher (the free version) and used that for a few days but I found that it made my phone lag like crazy. I uninstalled and now it's fine.

As far as what I'm looking for, I would really like to use different themes and change the color of the status bar as well as the icons in that bar (battery, 3g, etc)
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thats surprising, everyone that sees my device is always amazed of how smooth it moves...  Not everything for everyboy...

Actually I use to not like ADW untill the EX build came out and once I got it I didnt look back..

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Wildman wrote:

Thats surprising, everyone that sees my device is always amazed of how smooth it moves...  Not everything for everyboy...

Actually I use to not like ADW untill the EX build came out and once I got it I didnt look back..

It made my unlock screen lag like none other. It took a good 30-45 seconds for it to unlock and take me to my homescreen. And when I got a text, or just wanted to go into Handcent, it took another 30 seconds to open. It also made my wallpaper "flip" almost every time I unlocked it. So I constantly had a wallpaper that was rotated to a different direction. Maybe I'll check out the EX version. It's only a couple bucks.

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thats true about the status bar but I noticed with the dark blue status bar seems to be dark enough to blind in with a number of dark themes that gets loaded..  There also is a option to hide the top bar if the color doesnt work well with a theme you are using.

As for the lag and wallpaper flipping I havent seen that happen to my device I am not sure what could cause that issue, are you using the screen rotation option and also do you have the wallpaper set stationary or set to scroll?   I disable the rotation on the home screen and have the staionary because the scroll is smoover with every launcher when the page is the only scrolling item, the desjtop wallpaper doesnt need to move..

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Wildman wrote:

Thats true about the status bar but I noticed with the dark blue status bar seems to be dark enough to blind in with a number of dark themes that gets loaded..  There also is a option to hide the top bar if the color doesnt work well with a theme you are using.

As for the lag and wallpaper flipping I havent seen that happen to my device I am not sure what could cause that issue, are you using the screen rotation option and also do you have the wallpaper set stationary or set to scroll?   I disable the rotation on the home screen and have the staionary because the scroll is smoover with every launcher when the page is the only scrolling item, the desjtop wallpaper doesnt need to move..

That could very well be what was causing it. I didn't have the wallpaper on scroll, but the option to have the home screen rotate was on. The wallpaper issue wasn't a big deal to me, as I was only using a pattern for the wallpaper. I just found it was odd that it was flipping without the home screen rotating. The thing I couldn't handle was all the lag.

Aww man, I was hoping they wouldn't edit my last part out. I didn't even use the actual word or anything

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The screen rotation sensor is a bit of a pain because I can just sit phone on a table and it would totate the screen, and if the screen rotates during unlock that can cause the lag...   But I hope that I could get the LP widgets on ADW, there is a few simular widgets on market but not quite as good...

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Ya know, it never even crossed my mind to turn the rotation off. It did bother me, like you said it was very sensitive. The normal rotation on the phone even bothers me. I guess I don't hold my phone perfectly upright when I use it, it always turns on me.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried Smart Rotation at https://market.android.com/details?id=net.xdevelop.rotator_t&feature=search_result , I use it and it gives me alot more control over what rotate, I only have all mssaging apps and Opera Mobile set to rotate, all else is portrait only...

ss-1-2-ef3ead505d07820a426472a6ee106b48e157c97b.jpg

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check that out, never heard of it!

0 Likes