Home replacements?
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3
I'm looking for a home replacement app but have no idea which one to get. Which ones do you guys use and what do you like about them?
0 Likes
Re: Home replacements?
Wildman
Legend

ADW is my launcher, it has a large amount of customizations and runs the smoothes for me, Launcher Pro is good also but I havent had any luck with the recent builds...

000000.png  0000001.png  0000002.png

0 Likes
MrMRM513

I've used Launcher Pro Plus since shortly after I bought the phone on launch day. Very fast, smooth and stable under Gingerbread.

Not so many themes, but has plenty of dedicated, skinnable widgets, which also support sizing and scrolling. Supports up to 7 home screens which can be configured with more or fewer icon rows and/or columns and will display in landscape mode. LP will display home screen thumbnails with a second press of the home button or a swipe action. Home screens loop. Supports up to 3 scrolling docks which can be set to run apps or shortcuts on press or swipe for a a total of 30 actions. Supports icons and icon packs for all applications and can be set to hide icon labels on the home screens.

For me, Launcher Pro Plus is indispensable.

Mike

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I happen to also use LauncherPro, and had liked it until GB.  GB seems to have introduced a few issues - none that have yet to make me uninstall or go to the native BLUR.  However, I know they have been in the process of a huge rewrite of the APP; presumeably THEMES are coming and other improvements.  I've never used ADW, but as @Wildman points out, it is another great choice.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Thanks for all your replies and awesome descriptions! :smileyhappy:

Wildman, I had no clue you could customize with ADW like that! I read an article on it and got the impression that it was very limited, and it showed a screenshot which I did not like. But yours looks WAY better than the one I saw!

Cody21 and MrMRM513 - I've never used Launcher Pro Plus, but I did fiddle around with Launcher Pro (the free one) yesterday a bit and I sort of liked it. I guess it just wasn't as customizable as I thought (but I expected as much for the free version) I'm still debating whether or not to buy the LPP since I know it's got a lot more that you can do with it.

0 Likes
bcram11
Contributor - Level 1

I use Go Launcher EX. I find it to be very customizable and easy to use.  As with most launchers you can set how many rows and columns you want for icons on each homepage along with how many homepages you want. Go Launcher allows you to have a scrolling dock (bottom fixed buttons) and up to 5 icons per dock.  You can have up to 15 icons between the 3 dock "pages". Many themes are also available in the market and a lot of them are free. 

You can also set different transition effects when you scroll between the different homepages. This is a cosmetic thing only that i've see so far. 

Best of luck in your search!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

What specifically are you wanting as far as configuration?  LPP is extremely customizable. they are doing a REWRITE of the product right now - presumeably to add themes.  As far as I can tell, the only thing missing compared to other products.  7 Screens, 3d icon pack, 3 scrollable docks with 5 each, really nice screen transitions each selectable.  ADW & GO probably have all this as well.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
LPP can be themed now to a certain extent.

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.signals23.blurpsgrey

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Both ADW EX and Launcher Pro Plus works with themes now and are both very customizable, the information about ADW was limited is incorrect.  I have bought both and like them both in its own perspective but I have just developed a bit more intrest in ADW but that is my opinion and view becuase both is nice.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have chosen to invest in the the Plus Unlocker for Launcher Pro. Which comes in handy for my Droid Eris. :smileywink: :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes