Highlighted

Here's the Droid X User Guide.

Sr. Member

Here's the User Guide for the Droid X.   This should help some of you who have a hard time waiting.  Or maybe it'll just make you want it more.....

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Here's the Droid X User Guide.

Sr. Member

Ooops!  Forgot I had the Launch Package too.   Here it is.....

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Here's the Droid X User Guide.

Sr. Member

I was looking at some of the accessories in the Launch Package and was just thinking, the "X" is pretty big to start with, it'll feel REALLY big with a cover. Although it is narrower than the EVO, and I've held and played with an EVO and it didn't feel excessively large.    Also was wondering if the Droid X will fit in the custom leather pouch with a cover on it.

Guess all questions should be answered in 3 weeks,

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Here's the Droid X User Guide.

Member

I was looking over the users guide and came up with a question that I hope you have the answer to: Does the Droid X have voice texting available like the Incredible? It seems as though it does, but I would like to know for sure. This would be a great safety feature if you need to send a text while driving!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Here's the Droid X User Guide.

Sr. Member

The Droid X has voice to text on the stock multitouch and swype keyboards.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Here's the Droid X User Guide.

Sr. Member

PJNC284 wrote:

The Droid X has voice to text on the stock multitouch and swype keyboards.  


Here's a video showing the voice to text on the Droid X.  It's at about the 5 minute mark.... and it's really awesome....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMG0Wjnuq3I&feature=player_embedded

I remain, Patiently/Impatiently waiting for the release of the Droid X.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Here's the Droid X User Guide.

Sr. Member

I looked under calls, contacts, and bluetooth, and I didn't see a thing about bluetooth voice dialing.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Here's the Droid X User Guide.

Sr. Member

pool_shark wrote:

I looked under calls, contacts, and bluetooth, and I didn't see a thing about bluetooth voice dialing.


On page 12 there is a picture of the screen and there is a voice dial button.  Is it possible that if you were paired to a bluetooth device and pressed this button it would allow you to voice dial?

I'm not sure.  Possibly we'll have to just wait & see?

I looked in the spec page of the Launch Package and didn't see anything that specifially mentioned Bluetooth voice dialing either.

I'm patiently/Impatiently waiting for the release of the Droid X!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Here's the Droid X User Guide.

Sr. Member

 


dirkbonn wrote:

pool_shark wrote:

I looked under calls, contacts, and bluetooth, and I didn't see a thing about bluetooth voice dialing.


On page 12 there is a picture of the screen and there is a voice dial button.  Is it possible that if you were paired to a bluetooth device and pressed this button it would allow you to voice dial?

I'm not sure.  Possibly we'll have to just wait & see?

I looked in the spec page of the Launch Package and didn't see anything that specifially mentioned Bluetooth voice dialing either.

I'm patiently/Impatiently waiting for the release of the Droid X!


 

Not really bluetooth voice dialing if I have to press a button on the device to initiate it.

I've been due for an upgrade for a very long time and there is nothing out that I want. Even if I can't customize the home screen of a Droid the way I can with Windows Mobile, I could settle for this device if it at least does BT voice dialing and I can sync my outlook calendar and notes. If I can't, I'll have to keep waiting for something else.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Here's the Droid X User Guide.

Sr. Member

One of the youtube video reviews on the droid x has a guy talking about using a bluetooth headset and voice dialing working fine. 

0 Likes