Help with Updates
2tonpickup
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son has a Droid Inc2 and has had multiple problems with updates. They always happen overnight and he gets a message telling him to do a battery pull to avoid further messages regarding the update. Each time we eventually have to do a hard reset so that we can restore the service to the phone. This has been happening for quite sometime now starting back in early August.

The current software running is 3.02.605.1. My wife messaged a VZW Support Rep on Twitter about it and was told it was an old software version and to keep trying to pull the update. We have stopped trying since having to do a reset this weekend. This is really aggravating and I need to know what we should do. Right now if you check for software update it acts like it's checking but then does nothing more. Then in a couple days the phone will try to update overnight.

Someone please tell me what needs to be done. I have looked thru the oter posts and couldn't find what I needed and got tired of looking at all the pages of posts regarding the updates.

Thx!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET SOME HELP...ESPECIALLY IF I DON'T WANT THE IPHONE...Re: Help with Updat
2tonpickup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well my wife got on Twitter and got a response for help...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET SOME HELP...ESPECIALLY IF I DON'T WANT THE IPHONE...Re: Help with Updates
2tonpickup
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET SOME HELP?

I sent a message yesterday and haven't gotten anywhere. I don't have time to sit on the phone with tech support when I don't have my son's phone right now. I don't have time to drive 20 miles roundtrip just to go to the VZW store for help...although they are far more responsive. Aren't these forums for customers to get help? The only ones getting help today seem to be people interested in the iphone and it's shipping date. I could let my wife message someone on Twitter but that is tiresome no more than you can put in the message. I have a problem with my son's DINC2 and today started having issues with my Droid X. I'm not starting on the Droid X until someone can help me with the DINC2.

0 Likes
Re: WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET SOME HELP...ESPECIALLY IF I DON'T WANT THE IPHONE...Re: Help with Updat
rcschnoor
Legend

This is a customer to customer forum. Unless someone else has your specific problem and has gotten a fix for it, you may not get an answer to your satisfaction.

Although you may not have the time, calling customer service *611 and asking for help just MAY be your best solution.

I personally do not have an answer for you.

As to all of the posts for the iPhone, they really aren't helping each other. They are just making themselves feel better about their purchase. Letting someone know when they received their confirmation, credit card charged, shipping notice, etc... doesn't really help anyone, but it does make the poster feel more special.

0 Likes
2tonpickup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know VzW Employees do step in and respond to issues on the forum because I've seen a few of them plus the employees on Twiiter (@VZWSupport) stated we could come to the fourm for assistance. My wife has sat on the phone with tech support once before regarding this issue. I may not be a regular contributor out here but I know that VZW can help but it only appears that help is given when people get really ugly. And it shouldn't be that way!

0 Likes
2tonpickup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well my wife got on Twitter and got a response for help...

0 Likes
Ringah
Contributor - Level 1

I have had some experience with faulty phones and have spent great lengths of time on the phone with tech support so I can understand how you feel.  In my personal experience factory resets are usually the last resort to fix phone problems.  If you have done mulitple of these and the problem is still unresolved most likely you have a defective phone and it would need to be replaced under warranty.  However, to do that you would need to call defective equipment 866-406-5154 and they may try some troubleshooting, or may not if you describe the situatio as you have here.  Either way I am confident this is the option that will yield the best, and fastest results.

Good luck to you.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

2tonpickup wrote:

I know VzW Employees do step in and respond to issues on the forum ...

But this is normally after several days during which time other customers have tried their hand. You gave it about a day.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi 2tonpickup,

I understand your concerns regarding your son's phone. We also value your time and have different processes in place to troubleshoot any issues with your phones. Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media Team monitors these forums the best way to get assistance troubleshooting a device is to call us at 800-922-0204 from a different phone and have the faulty device fully charged and available when calling.

Your device includes a one year manufacturer's warranty and we'll be happy to replace it with a Certified Like New unit of the same model if we are unable to resolve your concerns and phone is under warranty. Please visit this LINK for replacement process details.

0 Likes
MostlyALurker
Enthusiast - Level 3

AntonioC_VZW wrote:

Hi 2tonpickup,

I understand your concerns regarding your son's phone. We also value your time and have different processes in place to troubleshoot any issues with your phones. Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media Team monitors these forums the best way to get assistance troubleshooting a device is to call us at 800-922-0204 from a different phone and have the faulty device fully charged and available when calling.

Your device includes a one year manufacturer's warranty and we'll be happy to replace it with a Certified Like New unit of the same model if we are unable to resolve your concerns and phone is under warranty. Please visit this LINK for replacement process details.

To the original poster: Please keep in mind that the Verizon employees are moderators, meaning that they mostly make sure we abide by the rules and regulations of the forums. While they do chime in occationally to help, your best bet is really to call tech support first or to go into a Verizon store.

0 Likes
2tonpickup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure why anyone is still looking at this issue...obviously no one is reading previous posts or you would notice that I had posted that my wife went on Twitter on the 11th and got help with it right then. We have already received a replacement.

Thank you!

0 Likes