Help transferring pictures and videos to phone...
zomblover28

Ok, I've read a few questions about this, I know to hook up my phone to the computer, then drag the menu down and tap USB connected on the phone comes up as USB CONNECTED You have connected your phone to your computer via USB. Select the button below if you want to copy files between your computer and your androids SD card. I tap Turn on USB storage, it comes up with USB storage in use. I go to move files from my computer by the simple click and drag  form comp to the phone, it took about 8 Minutes for the movie to load into the file onto my phone. PROBLEM is when I got to look for it on my phone it isn't there. I looked in my gallery and it says SD card unmounted or not present. Now I've read that after hitting the USB connected button another should pop up that says mount, THAT NEVER HAPPENS. When the phone is plugged into the comp for my SD card and Phone storage in settings it says MOUNT SD CARD SD Insert an SD card for mounting. The phone has a 16G micro SD card in it, why wont it work? When the phone isn't plugged into the comp, it says UNMOUNT SD CARD unmount the SD card for safe removal, Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

0 Likes
Re: Help transferring pictures and videos to phone...
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

make sure you unmount the sdcard from the computer after you copy everything over.  The process is available here

0 Likes
zomblover28

But another question still remains, Where does all of my music and videos go?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

What type of audio/video files are they?  The Droid site lists playable formats as:

"PLAYABLE FORMATS
AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI"

I just have two folders named music and videos on my sdcard and have the files inside those with no issues.  You can try using a file manager like Astro from the market to browse the sdcard and make sure everything is there.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Make sure and unmount the phone (sdcard). The gallery should automatically find the files.
0 Likes
dmad1rulz

They made it easier to know if you have the USB connected and the card mounted or not. As you say, when you plug the phone to the USB connection on your computer, you should get a notification that the USB has been connected. When you pull the notification tray down and click on the USB connected notification, it should take you to a new screen with a green android logo. When you select to mount the SD card, the logo should change color to orange signifying that you are mounted (might have the colors backwards, but it's basically like that). When you click to unmount the card, the the android should revert back to the other color, which at that point it should be safe to disconnect the phone from the computer.

Be advised that if you are going to the Gallery to view your movies, allow a few seconds to close to a minute for the phone to locate all the media, after which it should show up. Same thing with the music files and such.

I haven't done so (nor am I planning to try to), but I'm not sure what would happen if you disconnect the USB connection before you unmount it, in which case is what sounds like what happened to you.

0 Likes