Help - can't edit entries on calendar - phone is worthless to me....
kcwbmw

My Droid X finally arrived today.

I synced my new phone to my google calendar today. I cannot edit any event that was synced, but can edit events created on the phone. I have been on the phone with Verizon, who transferred me to Motorola for almost 2 HOURS now!     and still have no answer.

I switched from a BB Storm to this, so far not so good.

If I can't edit my calendar like i could on my BB, this phone is worthless to me.

If anyone can help, please let me know.

Bryan

0 Likes
Re: Help - can't edit entries on calendar - phone is worthless to me....
nibord

The calendar should be easy to edit.  From Calendar click on the event. Which will bring up the agenda page,,, press the menu- select edit  make changes. Then save. To sync with Google calendar and out look.  From the calendar select menu - more- calendars and press the calendar button next to the calendar you would like to update. There is a real slick program in the market that is free called jorte. You might like to look at it adds a lot of functions.

0 Likes
nibord

OOps  I see you have an X. I'm running Froyo on D1 so it may not be the same on on the   X, give it a try  anyway.. I just checked the DX manual and it is basically the same as what I described above. Also have you tried different settings in the sync set ups on the Google calendar. Sync calendar checked under settings on the DX?

0 Likes
jmorton10

I agree with the above poster, jorte is awesome!!

I was having problems where I would create a new calendar event & it wouldn't save correctly or sync with my Google PC account.   The event would show fine on the calendar when I created it, then disappear later.

Jorte fixed all my problems instantly.

~John

0 Likes
AluminumFlcn

With all due respect to the OP......

You bought the Droid X for calendar editing and that's it ???   If you can't edit calendar events that synced down, the phone is completely worthless to you ?    That's incredible.  This phone is the most advanced on the market, and is outselling all others.  People in these forums are RAGING to get their hands on one due to the backorder.  The phone has a little trouble with ONE function, and you're ready to ditch it ?    Amazing.    Please don't get me wrong, here.  I'm not trying to insult the OP in any way.   I just find it..........I don't know...........WOW.   

*shrug*    To each his own.....

~AF

0 Likes
jmorton10

I can see the OPs point, although calendar editing is not the only feature I boight my phone fo,r it is a pretty darn important one I use daily & I would be seriously upset if it didn't work.

~John

0 Likes
Ed_in_CT

I have the droid x, and can edit my calendar entries no problem.

One way is to log into google on a PC, and just edit on Google Calendar.  (easiest)

Other way is to open your calendar from the Calendar widget.  (If you dont have that already then long press an open space on one of your home pages, select Motorola Widget, then Calendar).  If you simply click the calendar it opens up your upcoming meeting/events.  select one of them.  Hit the menu key, and middle option is to edit event. 

0 Likes
kb0829

I have an X and use Google Calendar sync.  I have found this, if it is an event (go to your calendar and click on the item you wish to edit, it should say View Event in the upper right hand corner), you can edit it by pressing the menu button, that is the one with the 4 little squares on it (far left button at bottom of the phone), but if it is a Meeting, you cannot edit it in the calendar.  Hope that helps.

0 Likes
McKeever

Bryan did you ever get a resolution to this?  I have the same problem, and it's not Google mail,  it's Corporate mail,  which sync's fine,  I just can't edit appointments from my calendar.  With respect to all others,  I edit my calendar a dozen or more times a day,  not an option I can give up.  If I have to carry two phones to do that,  then this one becomes pretty useless,  regardless of how well it does other things.  I'm certain there's an adjustment or setting,  I'm just unhappy that no one at Verizon or Motorola can help with it.    Original Droid works fine on this,  even running the latest update...not so for Droid X.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
JMDL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have any issues either with my calendar. You should be able to edit the event if you get to it from the calendar icon from the menu list. Once you have calendar open you just click on it until the pop up menu appears and it will give  you 3 or 4 options, one of those is EDIT... it's very easy!

0 Likes