Re: Hearing your own voice in earpiece problem
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

MarquiaF, do you plan on helping me? I sent you an email as requested. Your coworker in tech support is doing nothing.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi LetsGoFishing, 

I am sorry if you were not contacted back regarding your issue with the Droid Incredible 2 and hearing your own voice (or echoing) in your earpiece.  I can definitely provide you with some troubleshooting steps, as well as some additional information. 

If you have not already done so, please download the most recent update for this device. You can do so by viewing the following link:

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/htc_incredible_2.html

Another suggestion would be to lower the volume, while on a call, using the buttons on the side of the device. The earpiece volume can only be changed when on a call, since those buttons adjust the ringer volume when not on a call. 

Please post back in this thread with your findings. 

Thank you and have a good day!

0 Likes
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

ChristinaB, I must let you know that lowering the volume was the VERY first thing done; I never have my volume high. Tech support told me over & over it was a network issue.

I'm still somewhat angry with VZW because after talking to tech support several times, I was assigned a tech agent (wish I could post his name on here but it will probably be removed) who lied about helping me. Even though I had also been to a couple of local stores about the echo, as of yesterday, I finally found a supervisor at another local store who went WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND to help me. She was absolutely awesome!!! She stated the tech agent documented my file advising the problem had been resolved yet he never called to inform me and I was still holding a defective phone. She stated not to worry, she will take over the situation & do all she can to fix it. She tested the phone, heard the echo & stated she did not think it was a network issue. The only resolution she could finally come up with was to replace the device again. Actually tech support said the same yet again, he never calledback to setup the exchange. Another issue (minor) came up with the new device later that evening, I went back, and she stayed with me for quite some time to make sure the device was working as should and that I was happy. This is my third DINC2 and I think it's finally working properly. I've been using it all day today and last night & I'm just excited. :smileyvery-happy:

I do appreciate ChristinaB that you were doing a follow up since tech support and MarquiaF did not assist but it's fine now.  Thank you for your time.  (The supervisor I dealt with need to be cloned and put in every location of VZW. She was just that pleasant & professional).

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi again LetsGoFishing,

Thank you for posting your update. What great news! I am so glad that the store manager renewed your faith in Verizon Wireless and that you are now enjoying your phone and getting the mostof your wireless experience.

Have a great week!

0 Likes