Having to enter a # twice to call
teripayne
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure why this started about 3 days ago, but when I try to call a phone number it will go to the connection screen and a female operator comes on and asks me to enter in my 10 digit number I am trying to call again.  It's inconvenient when I'm trying to remember a # the first time entering it in - even more having to put it in a 2nd time and VZW technical support couldn't help so not sure how else to stop this - any advice would be helpful!  No new apps downloaded other than VZW Cloud and power cycle all done as well.

0 Likes
Re: Having to enter a # twice to call
Not applicable

Just a chance, turn off cellular roaming in the device settings.

It is possible you are grabbing a roaming situation.

If it does not happen again the problem is fixed.

However if you were to go where the Verizon signal is highest and it still does it, my next best guess is to make sure the device is on the proper signal/carrier band which is either named Verizon or the "A" Band.

I don't use your device but a call to tech support can tell you how to set the carrier or it will be in the owners manual.

Good Luck

0 Likes
teripayne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response because I am in an extended coverage area, but mobile network settings say my roaming status is not roaming, and my settings are set to deny data roaming (not a section for voice roaming), but I have 3 bars of 4G signal and I'm on the LTE/CDMA network mode as well so still at a loss that even after I uninstalled the Cloud app and power cycled still getting the same message: 'Please re-enter the 10 digit # you are trying to call' after I've already called the number.  Thank you for replying, but didn't fix the issue and VZW tech support doesn't have an answer for me either on how to fix it or why it started 3 days or so ago.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I would try my second suggestion of going to a known strong not extended Verizon coverage area. You do have pretty good numbers as far as LTE and 4G so that is a puzzle to me.

I have read here that a poster on Prepay was having that issue, but not a post pay customer. Strange indeed.

I will continue to search for a viable answer.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Badgersam

Did you ever get an answer? My kids phones just started doing this.

0 Likes
ls746714
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you have family base this will trigger the recording when you're on extended network. I was able to make some changes to get around it but recently changed my plan and it is now back. working with tech support again.