Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
Frisbee141
Check for system updates says: "Your phone is up to date." -- It so is not. Still waiting in Iowa.
0 Likes
Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
hebrews12

just occurred to me how impatient I am... i mean, my droid works great, has since i got it last year.  i haven't gotten the update yet, but we all will get it sooner or later... will be good to have 2.2 froyo, but won't change my world... just realized, my droid with 2.1 is a lot better than "land lines, party lines (anyone remember those!?), and bag phone (i am SO old!)... i will keep waiting... and I will WORK on the impatient part of me, wish me luck, God's Blessings

0 Likes
donaldbyrd
I received the updat this morning
0 Likes
abausch

I received it this morning in Portland Oregon.  Finally!  :womanvery-happy:

0 Likes
JayA72

Droid User here

I got the update this morning at 2:00 am 8/15/10, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Could’nt sleep, was reading an article about the difference between the Droid and the Droid 2 when the update came.

A window popped up and said that your phone will update ,you wont be able to use it to make calls,etc…

It took about 5 minutes to download and another 5 to install then it turned on and off.

Now I have a better 3g signal than I ever had,getting 3 and 4 bars average.

Still disappointed that it didn't have Flash with it.

But I believe  that it is worth the wait to get the update over the air instead of doing it yourself.

My Droid feels like a new phone. I don't even regret not waiting for the Droid 2. (got my new Droid about 3 weeks ago,from wirefly.com for free when I upgraded to a family plan and gave my old Droid to my sister)

She didn't get the update yet.

0 Likes
chirotor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got it this morning.  Orange Co. Cal.

0 Likes
gordonandamy

Still waiting on mine! Hubby got his like 2 days ago.. and I havent yet...keeps saying that i am up to date! grrr

0 Likes
CYPjus4mee

I'm in Harper Woods, Michigan...still no Update as of yet.

I''m beginning 2 not care 2 much with all the problems some ppl are having since the update...POUTing :smileysad:

0 Likes
bdong625

Wish they would put it out in San Diego county. Lucky you in Orange county. Still up in the air about manual download vs OTA.

0 Likes
rocknm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got my update today, was about 11:00 am is Salt Lake City, Ut.  Every thing seems to be working good so far.  I see a few things different but not any thing major.  Maybe I don't know what i'm looking for.  Is there a place to go and read about all the upgrades and changes?  I like the added main screens and more options on camera, im still looking for other changes.

Im now at:

droid 2.2

FRG01B

oh, and I have 2 droids, it only updated one of them.  but it did fix my issue with mounting with windows Vista.  all good.

0 Likes