Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
SweetPc

Tuesday night 8-10-10 Houston, TX

0 Likes
Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

I downloaded and installed the update ( see other posting ) last night and I've had NO battery problems at all. I do, however, manage my apps with the Advanced Task Killer to close ones that I'm not using right away, like GPS and the like. If you have everything up and running and are playing with it, the battery is certainly going to run down more quickly.

0 Likes
Bobby1261

I purchased my Droid early in the year. I am disappointed in the whole Verizon/Google fiasco that seems to give preference to those that are purchasing newer Droid phones. I want Froyo yesterday. Enough of the waiting and maybe it will come this week stuff. Release it already.

0 Likes
diamonddave77

I dont even see the official link about it on Verizon?  Anyone know where it is?

0 Likes
innocent93

I haven't received it yet..

0 Likes
dmart

Not so patiently waiting in SW Oklahoma........

0 Likes
bladerunnin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Didn't want to wait for Verizon to push the update to me so I downloaded it myself directly from the Android site.

Visit this website on your Motorola Droid and follow the instructions carefully.

Droid-Life:

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/03/manual-android-2-2-update-for-motorola-droid/

Have fun!

~bladerunnin

Be Careful.  While our members are generally helpful and eager to provide useful information, be advised that Verizon has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Accessing any such linked sites is done entirely at the user's own risk.

0 Likes
eric3003

My Fiance' got it this a.m. (8-14-10) when she woke up. I wasn't  the one who wanted it more than she did, and I didn't get it yet...:smileymad:

0 Likes
eric3003

Oh, we are in Western Washington

0 Likes
Kalona

Got the push this morning (Ohio). No issues so far...

0 Likes