Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
stauff07

This tip is exactly correct.  I have been checking my phone constantly for the past week.  I have seen a couple postings that stated to uninstall advanced task killer and you will get the update.  I uninstalled it and then immediatly went to /settings/about phone/check for updates and it was already downloading.  Thanks for the tip!!!!!!  I can finally stop worrying about this and play with 2.2.

0 Likes
Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
jdemmitt
Has anyone had problems getting their facebook to add to their accounts? Mine won't add. Hum.
0 Likes
quietstorm2488
Installed ATK then uninstalled it. Froyo was waiting after restart.
0 Likes
laurie

received update at 7:30pm est sl florida.  and love it.

0 Likes
ErickG
I got the update lastnight around 9:30 or so. Not totally sure there is a connection yet but the install notification popped up after I uninstalled the advanced task killer (ATK) app. I have had no problems with 2.2 since the update and my Droid is running really great. To add, the update notification popped almost immediately after I uninstallwd it.

My wife uninstalled ATK lastnight but only got the update this afternoon after removing enough apps to free up internal memory space above 100 MB.

Hope this might be helpful to some of you.

Best regards,
Erick
0 Likes
Firebrand
I just got my update in Raleigh, NC at 9:00 this evening (8/19/10)...just one day before my birthday!
0 Likes
androidfan
I got mine tonight at around 7pm cst. Corpus Christi, TX
0 Likes
Xypher

WOW Avdavnced Task Killer does stop it from updating. Uninstall ATK to get your 2.2 update!!!!

0 Likes
hebrews12

northeast arkansas, update ready at 5am (central) this morning (8-19-2010):  all good

0 Likes
mmjr2000

After a long wait for the 2.2 update.  I have felt there had to be a reasoning to not get it, if you still havn't gotten your 2.2 update this is what I did.

Steps:

1.) I made sure every app that was installed on the phone updated to it's latest version.

2.) I then went into settings > about > and system information I believe and wala!  There it started to download.

I hope this helps others on getting there 2.2 update.

0 Likes