Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
bobbypos

Since I have seen several posts where Verizon techs have said the update continues to be pushed out, have you received the official (not downloaded) OTA 2.2 update since August 5, 2010?

If you could, please include: (1) the date and time your received the update; (2) where you are located; and, (3) the version of the 2.2 update.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
devin

It is really starting to look like maybe the Verizon techs are not being honest with those that have called.  That is quite baffling.  Hopefully someone will post here soon and prove me wrong, because I'd hate to think I'm giving my hard earned money to those who can't be honest with us.

0 Likes
Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
sranger

Only a very small group recieved the update.  Most likely these were Verizon or Motorola ( or other Beta testers ) employees.  There were several issue discovered in the test updates.  I suspect that they are being corrected and the OTA update will start again in a week or two....

0 Likes
maria1970
Recd last night about midnight
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
11 am on the 9th... ne kansas... fbr10b build
0 Likes
wsi-itt

Western Montana

Sometime between 10pm 8/10 and 7am 8/11

0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

I need my Bluetooth for voice dialing.... it's unsafe to wrestle with the Droid while driving, so I called Verizon yesterday afternoon and asked WHEN could I expect the OTA update. He told me that Motorola & Google are sending about 70,000 per day so it might take up to 10 - 12 days. Couldn't wait, so I downloaded the update file from Android's site and installed it myself. It's the FRG01B version of 2.2, works fine. No Flash of course, but that can also be downloaded and I'll just wait until that comes in OTA. If the Froyo version gets updated OTA I'll probably get it but for the impatient types like myself, a download and self-install ( Following the instructions, of course ) is a quick way.

0 Likes
kshav6

Husband did a few days ago.. Neither myself, my daughter, nor my son recieved it yet though.

0 Likes
vw1994

I called like over a week ago and I was told batches were sent out in 5000's and I should get it by the end of that week. That has since past. A friend of mine did get the OTA 2.2 update and said it has killed his fully charged battery in 30 mins. So there is an apparent issue. Or was. I want it for the Flash butttt I don't want a phone that won't stay charge for more than 30 minutes either.

Allison in Massachusetts....still waiting haha!:smileymad:

0 Likes
chirotor
Enthusiast - Level 3

My son-in-law received it a couple of days ago but there are 3 others of us in the family that are still waiting and we live close to each other.  The distribution is also obviously not first-come-first-served.  I guess there is nothing to do but wait.  I'm hesitant to download it.  I would be happier if Verizon had a server available so you could choose either to download it or go OTA.  And I would be happier if Verizon were more forthcoming on the distribution plan and time-line.  There appears to be so much mystery.  Some of you have been told that they are releasing 5000 at a time or 70000 a day but I have yet to find an official schedule or plan posted by Verizon.  

So I continue to wait.

0 Likes