Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
GrilledCheese
Enthusiast - Level 3

This morning 8-19-10 (sometime before 7 AM MST), i woke up and it was waiting for me. "A new update is available!" "Update now?" "Update later?" "Cancel?" I received the update in Gillette, WY.

The Kernel version is 2.6.32.9-g103d848

0 Likes
Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
chyduke

Remove ATK from your phone and reboot phone.. should start downloading 2.2 if you check for updates under settings. 

0 Likes
Gweeper64

Update was waiting to be installed when we woke up this morning (8/19). "Android Version 2.2" is all I can find for version info. Location: Central MA. 

(battery life seems diminished so far)

0 Likes
shersher
Enthusiast - Level 2
Just received Froyo! I'm in the Central Valley in California (a town about an hour North of Bakersfield) All was said & done at 8PM. I did NOT uninstall anything from my phone. I just randomly went to settings, about phone & check system for updates. I found Froyo downloading...it was about half way through when I found it & it took about 10 mins to finish. Pop up appeared that there was an update available; installed w/no problems. All is working well!! My husbands phone received the update at 2pm today.

Looks like a lot of updates rolled out today!! Now, bring on Flash!! :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
jonscott

Nope haven't received {word filter avoidance} here in Ohio, 43050, otherwise known as Mt. Vernon. Anyone else find it a bit ridiculous that they are 'rolling' out the update, translation: ummmm...duuhhh...derrrrr....we're incompetent? I mean come on, why can't you either opt to wait for the OTA or go to either Verizon.com or Motorola.com and choose to download it, why all this waiting? If the update isn't ready to be released, THEN DON'T RELEASE IT. It's simple....Ok, I had to vent a bit, all better now haha.

0 Likes
patibcc

Holy moses I thought you were pulling my leg!!!!! I uninstalled ATK and low and behold I got the update. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
rpdl62

Android 2.2

Build # FRG01B

Both my Wife and myself have now received our updates OTA and installed them with NO problems. Everything seems to be functioning normally. Did not uninstall ATK nor did we clear our Desktop, errrr I mean homescreen(s).

Now we eagerly await the Adobe 10.1 Flash along with the 4G upgrade.

A great day to all and God Bless,

Rob62/rpdl62

0 Likes
zerocool

I received my update this morning at 3:30 AM. I just woke up to it. I installed it. I have had no problems. I reccomend plug phone into charger just in case. Once the update is started do not mess with the phone until it is fully operational with homescreen loaded. After that, you should be good.

Baseband version: C_01.43.01P

Kernal Version: 2.6.32.9-g102d848 / android-build@apa26 #1

Build: FRG01B

Now I need to know if Flash installed and chrome.

zero

0 Likes
Bryan76

Just got mine this morning, in western Pennsylvania, build FRG01B.

0 Likes
K-Bear

Got it at about 9:50pm (EST) last night. I had been reading about the Adv Task Mgr. post (About deleting it) and Starting thinking about the "Anti-Virus" App I had. I removed it and don't know if it was just my time to receive the update or if it was the app but as soon as I did that and checked the system status the update was there! Took about 10 min total with download, verification, and reboot. 

0 Likes