Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
cindycm

8/16 - Orange Co., CA, about 7:30AM Pacific, FRG01B

My husband still hasn't received his.

No problems with install.  Seems faster...who knows?

Wish ringer (silent/vibrate/sound) worked the same as it used to.

Not thrilled with auto-restart of apps.  I'm less concerned about memory, which I trust droid to manage, vs draining the battery by GPS coming back on all the time.  The application that started up GPS isn't well-behaved, and doesn't have a "quit" option. 

I read the concerns about using ATK...so I used it just for that one app, but it re-started automatically.  Had to go into the app and shut off the use of gps inside the app, which means I'll have to go in and turn it on when I actually want to use it.  Oh well.

More interested in getting flash :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
vw1994

It says non-rooted 2.1 users only. Can anyon explain to me what this means?

0 Likes
johneric
It means if you rooted your phone. You will not be eligible... still waiting in Holland Michigan
0 Likes
rbresett

I received the update at 0900 on Aug 15th.  Build # FRG01B, Baseband version: C_01.43.01P, Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g103d848.

I'm near Charlotte, NC.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
If your running a custom rom, you should accept and your recovery will block it.
http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/16/a-froyo-for-droid-question-and-answer-sheet/
0 Likes
jdemmitt
How do I tell if my phone is rooted?
0 Likes
Droidmaniac

I reside in Brooklyn New York and have not yet received the update.  I just called Verizon wireless customer service and they told me it can be a week or a week and a half after the official release, from what they told me was August 13th.  I want my update already!.  Is there anyone in this blog who lives in New York can tell me if they received the update or not?  The wait is killing me!

0 Likes
PRTaz

I woke up Sunday morning and saw the update waiting to install. Verified after install that it was Android 2.2 build FRG01B.  Playing with it and so far enjoying it here in New York City.

0 Likes
htc

8-15-10 Sunday AM, BFE- Wyoming, FRG01B build.

talked with some tech @verizon today and was told that FRG22 is about a month out, atm they are releasing 100,000 updates a day of FRG01B

was told NO FLASH thats up to adobe whenever they decide, was told maybe a week but unsure as they are 3rd party.

now off to start my complain about 01B thread.

-htc

0 Likes
vw1994

8/18/2010

I got my update sometime during the middle of the night, I woke up for it ready to install. It just finished.

FRG01B

I'm in Cape Cod MA

Gonna go mess around with it haha....I'll post a thread later about it, look for me :smileyhappy:

Allison

0 Likes