Has there been any announcement on Android 2.1 update for Droid?
Buttes

I know the source was released to Motorola a while back and I'm sure I am not the only one who is wondering what is holding it up. Has there been any kind of announcement?

0 Likes
Re: Has there been any announcement on Android 2.1 update for Droid?
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

... what is holding it up ...

Testing and Quality Assurance

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

logicman wrote:

... what is holding it up ...

Testing and Quality Assurance

Try beurocrocy.  The testing is done.  I imagine it is just a matter of getting the systems ready loaded and prepped.  There are a lot more Droids than there were when 2.0.1 rolled out.  Also they are going to be releasing 2.1 for the Eris so that increases the numbers.  It is going to be a big roll out and it will take time.  Also they are more than likely waiting for a specific date that has been set to start with a target to finish.  There may also be a required time frame by Google since they have started all this ridiculous exclusivity stuff.  I hope it isn't contingent on selling enough Nexus 1's since that just isn't moving.  In a few months when the Real Nexus 1 comes out with CDMA, ATT, and Sprint support you will see them moving. 

Simple answer.  Verizon knows but we won't know till it starts rolling out and there may have been a problem in the internal testing that held things up.

0 Likes
Mickeym88
Announced on motorolas facebook page and confirmed by phone scoop. This is the week. Let all hope it is not another empty promise http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=5465 Lovingly sent from my droid. Bill
0 Likes
Nexeo

Android 2.1 update info directly from Verizon's website: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf

You're welcome :smileyhappy:

0 Likes