Has anyone found a way to change the (subjectively ugly) default brown color on the Charge?
emilynicol2
Enthusiast - Level 3

If so... how can it be done? Or do you think we'll have to wait for a system update some day?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone found a way to change the (subjectively ugly) default brown color on the Charge?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Emilynicol2,

At this time there is no change for the default color scheme on the Charge. You do have the option to search the Android Market to locate applications for your Messaging (SMS) screen, your Contact List, your Dial Pad, and the appearance of your Keyboard. There are many free applications that can change the colors and you can customize them to your liking. 

I hope this information is helpful for you. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone found a way to change the (subjectively ugly) default brown color on the Charge?
ballanda
Enthusiast - Level 2

The guys at XDA Developers are working on it.  There are a few themes under development.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Emilynicol2,

At this time there is no change for the default color scheme on the Charge. You do have the option to search the Android Market to locate applications for your Messaging (SMS) screen, your Contact List, your Dial Pad, and the appearance of your Keyboard. There are many free applications that can change the colors and you can customize them to your liking. 

I hope this information is helpful for you. 

0 Likes
akienm
i've spent 2 days looking in the market without luck. some hints for keywords to srarch for would be a huge help. change system colors doesn't come up with anything helpful.
0 Likes
trparky
Contributor - Level 1

You can't change the colors of the phone's user interface but what ChristinaB_VZW was stating is that you can change a lot of the user interface with different themes for those apps.

If you don't like TouchWiz which is the default user interface where you see all of your icons on.  That's the screen you look at when you want to launch apps.  Personally I can't stand TouchWiz so I replaced that with GoLauncher EX from the Android Market.  You can apply different colors and icon packs/themes to GoLauncher EX.

SMS app, can't stand it.  Seems too bland.  I replaced that with HandCent.  That has different themes for it too.

The keyboard, I replaced that with SmartKeyboard PRO.  You have to pay for that app but if you ask me it's well worth the cost.  Not only can it be themed but this keyboard app is quite intelligent.  I find it to be far more accurate than the default keyboard and you can calibrate the keyboard to you so you have less typos.

The dial-pad and the contacts are the only functions that I can't find decent replacements for.  If anyone has any suggestions I welcome them.

0 Likes