Hands free- Car Bluetooth is not working at 2.3.3 update
brickcitysaint
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the gingerbread update for a few months now.  Ever since my phone downloaded this update, my bluetooth has not been working in my car.  I have an 08 G37.  The bluetooth works fine with Froyo but it does not work with Gingerbread.  I installed the lates update and it hasn been fixed yet.   I contacted Verizon and they say a fix is being worked.  That was 3 months ago. 

WE NEED A FIX ASAP!!!!!  MY BLUETOOTH DOES NOT WORK AND I DONT PLAN ON BUYING A NEW CAR. 

VERIZON/MOTOROLA,

What can I do to fix this issue??????

Tags (2)
Re: Hands free- Car Bluetooth is not working at 2.3.3 update
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I assume you tried unpairing the device & re-pairing it????  Just a thought.

0 Likes
brickcitysaint
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I did.  I even did a master reset and nothing has worked.  It has something to do with the BT software in the Gingerbread update. 

This sucks!!

0 Likes
brickcitysaint
Enthusiast - Level 2

back up to the top.......

VZ I need a fix for this!!!  Anyone???

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

did you upgrade the bt in your car?

0 Likes
brickcitysaint
Enthusiast - Level 2
I didnt because there is no need to. I called infiniti made an appt and they said everything checks out and is perfectly fine. They said there is nothing wrong with the cars bluetooth, its probably the phone. this is true because it worked with froyo flawless and after GB it stoped working. the BT connects and recognizes the handsfree but no sound comes out of the speakers.
0 Likes
brickcitysaint
Enthusiast - Level 2

Current status:  BT still doesnt work. 

I called verizon last night and I explained everything I have done so far i.e. master reset, delete BT Profile, reconnect and install BT profile. 

I speak to the Rep Lindsey and she tries to help me out.  She searches to see if there is a fix within VZ and comes back telling me she cant find anything.  She doesnt even see this coming up as an issue within VZ.  She says the only time she sees the issue coming up is on outside websites such as droid forums. 

So she calls Motorola, the Motorola Tech says that yes it has been an issue and they are working on it.  (it has been 3 months and counting and no fix for this issue)  The tech suggests to take my car to the dealership and have an IT guy delete the security profile from my and that should fix it.  I said ok I will call infiniti and see what they can do.

I talk to a rep at infiniti, i explain my situation, and he says deleting the security profile will not fix anything.  The phone connects so there isnt a security issue.  It seems there is an issue with the BT software on the phone itself.  He was very friendly and suggested I stop by the dealership so that he can trouble shoot the car and phone and see if there is something he can do.

VERIZON/MOTOROLA/Anyone-  Anyone know of a fix to this issue? 

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi brickcitysaint,

I am sorry to learn of Bluetooth connectivity issues you are experiencing. Thanks for contacting our Tech Support Team and the Motorola Tech team regarding this issue. I have also escalated this issue to our product research and development team to look into this issue. While this issue will most likely be resolved via a software update developed by the manufacturer and I have no ETA for a resolution, please be assured that we'll do everything within our power to expedite this issue's resolution.

0 Likes
brickcitysaint
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply Antonio.

I've spoken to many people @ VZ & Motorola regarding this issue.  I get the same response, "we are working on a fix".  But 90 days later I still havent seen a fix.  I hope it gets raised to the proper channels so that a resolution is reached. 

0 Likes
wbgraber

Antonio,

I have the same problem as brickcitysaint.  I performed the upgrade Tuesday of this week on my droid X and now the bluetooth audio on my 2007 Infiniti G35X doesn't work.  The phone will pair with the car, but there is no audio and it disconnects the call after a few seconds.  Prior to the upgrade, the phone worked great. A Verizon employee with the same droid X and same upgrade paired with my car and same problem.  I'm sure it's a software issue. 

You mentioned a "patch" coming from motorola, any word on when it will be available?  Thank you. BG

0 Likes