HTC mail "login failed" when switching to Wi-fi
yahoo33

Everytime I switch to Wi-fi , HTC mail app does not work.  Keep getting "Login failed".  Other mail apps like Gmail and Yahoo mail app work fine.  Any suggestions??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC mail "login failed" when switching to Wi-fi
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@yahoo33, is this happening for all types of email accounts configured in HTC Mail client? I know that I face this problem with my Yahoo account setup in HTC Mail. My Exchange, MSN and Live email accounts work fine with both 3G and WiFi. With the Yahoo! email however, everytime I switch to WiFi it stops working. This seems to be happening when you let the HTC Mail client automatically setup the Yahoo! config based on email address.

Have you tried using a manual setup and using instructions from Yahoo to setup POP3 rather than let HTC Mail configure it? Give it a try, it may work.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Butch100

yahoo33 wrote:

Everytime I switch to Wi-fi , HTC mail app does not work.  Keep getting "Login failed".  Other mail apps like Gmail and Yahoo mail app work fine.  Any suggestions??

This did not solve the "login failed" but did sync emails with the HTC mail.  Go to applications & sync.  Add "Exchange Active Sync" for each email account.  The "login failed" message is still there but so are your emails..  This method is a work-around.

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@yahoo33, is this happening for all types of email accounts configured in HTC Mail client? I know that I face this problem with my Yahoo account setup in HTC Mail. My Exchange, MSN and Live email accounts work fine with both 3G and WiFi. With the Yahoo! email however, everytime I switch to WiFi it stops working. This seems to be happening when you let the HTC Mail client automatically setup the Yahoo! config based on email address.

Have you tried using a manual setup and using instructions from Yahoo to setup POP3 rather than let HTC Mail configure it? Give it a try, it may work.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
podstolom
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, Yahoo POP3 access went on the fritz for me too earlier this spring, so I manually reconfigured HTCMail for IMAP acces.

In Menu > Settings > More > Account: Settings

Protocol > IMAP\

email address: <email address>

username <email address or whatever>

IMAP Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com

Server Port: 143 > Next

SMTP Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Server Port: 587  <Finish>

Been working great since. Also downloaded Yahoo Mail App, that works great too for a PUSH on receipt service as opposed to the scheduled PULL service HTCMail uses.

0 Likes