HTC icon and "Loading" since recent update
caitlin87

Since I updated my Incredible last week, my phone will close out of what I am doing and show a white screen with the green HTC logo and then go into a loading phase for about 20 seconds. It does this more frequently when I am texting or close out of the messaging screen, but also happens while on the Internet. My phone still works, it's just really annoying. It happens at least every 5 minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? Is there a way to uninstall this new update?

0 Likes
Re: HTC icon and "Loading" since recent update
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

This is a system error. A factory reset will restore  your phone. There is no option to remove the update. The steps to performing the reset are listed below:

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes
Re: HTC icon and "Loading" since recent update
bradleykish

Yep, I have had the same problem. HTC logo and white screen keeps displaying. I think it's Sense rebooting constantly. Something it doesn't like with the new update. I did the factory reset, like tech support mentioned,  and now my phone will not connect to the network. Just says Turning on in the mobile network settings. I wish i never updated to this new software update. Now I can't make calls, or do anything. Already tried all the *228 and activation worked just fine after reset. Not sure what the problem is here... 

0 Likes