HTC Thunderbolt 4G
oregonducks8

Does anyone know when the Thunderbolt will be released or has a close estimate?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Thunderbolt 4G
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ravenoushunger wrote:

So, does this mean I could use a 3G data plan with the Thunderbolt?

My guess is that you'd still have to get the LTE data plan if you get the thunderbolt regardless of whether or not you're in an LTE market.  Roy was just saying that since it is dual mode (CDMA EVDO-Rev A and LTE) that you'd still be able to use the phone for calls and data even if you're not currently in an LTE area.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

oregonducks8 wrote:

Guesstimate June 24, 2011

0 Likes
voltrek

I called tech support and they told me the thunderbolt will come out end of February.

oregonducks8 wrote:

[removed blank space]

0 Likes
macsesso

Do you really think that VZW will wait 4 months after the IPhone to release this LTE phone? The buzz around the forums is shortly after the IPhone.

0 Likes
Not applicable
I hope it works better than the 4G computer devices.
0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Keep in mind you can sign up to receive email updates to learn more about 4G products and services. Click here to sign up http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/latest

0 Likes
scottl21
Enthusiast - Level 3
  • HTC Thunderbolt: End of February, early March
  • Samsung SCH-i510: March
  • LG Revolution: March, early April
  • DROID Bionic: Early Summer, June
0 Likes
DailyGirl

I am doing quite a bit of research on these new phones since the iPhone has come to the Verizon network. I've been trying to compare and contrast some of the similarities and differences btw the Thunderbolt and the iPhone. The main feature I am interested in is the Face to Face or Video Chat. Can some please explain to me the skype mobile feature on the new Thunderbolt. In fine print it says " Video calls must be made between Verizon 4G LTE devices or 4G WiFi enabled PC." so dose that mean that 1) if I am trying to vido chat someone using another carrier that it wont work (ie AT&T or Sprint)? 2) Are you able to vido chat without using the skype mobile? (for example just calling someone from my contacts with a face-to-face feature?)

3)Is the skype mobile just in place for people who don't have the face to face feature?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Suupa

oregonducks8 wrote:

Yes! Well maybe? not really?

They are giving hints to the Thunderbolt

Here's a link of the process the Thunderbolt is in:

http://twitter.com/#!/VerizonWireless

0 Likes
HawaiianTime

Since Skype is an internet based program, voip, it should not matter what service the other user has.  Caveat to that is the 4G network is a 12mbps download and 1mbps upload speeds vs 3G networks with speeds of 1.5mbs download and 0.25 mbps upload.  Difference between smooth and choppy.

0 Likes