HTC Sense weather app on Incredible...
Hexen525
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I've asked at the HTC forums and no one seems to be able to help. Hoping for better luck here ^_^

The default weather app for my Incredible does not auto update like it used to do. It's the HTC one that displays on the main desktop. I have rebooted the phone (turned off), pulled the battery (old BlackBerry habit). I have not disabled any apps with Advanced App Killer. And no matter what, the check box for the auto update feature on my Incredible NEVER stays checked!! I check it, back out and go back in...it's unchecked. I know the settings can work as I can change from Fahrenheit to Celsius fine (same option screen). I've tried with my Location On options turned on (GPS) and off, nothing. Only had the phone about 2 weeks so far.

Ideas?

If I missed any info, just ask. New to the Android platform, not sure what is important and what is not.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Sense weather app on Incredible...
Hexen525
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got it figured out. Go to Settings>Accounts & Sync and check the Auto Sync box. Issues solved. Thanx all for the ideas. Much appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
You may still be killing an app that is associated with the weather. And location/gps needs to be on all the time. Here's what you do. Boot your phone up fresh, go into task killer and select ignore/exception for everything running. Let everything run. Everything! Let it run on its own for an hour and I bet it'll be working. Now I assume you got the free task killer. If this fix I told you didn't work, uninstall task killer and reboot. It only takes seconds to uninstall and reinstall later. Try it, I bet this is the problem.
0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Mine didn't sync very often either.  Thing is I got more accurate updates by looking out the window.  It doesn't tell you weather predictions it tells you what is going on now.  The only predictions you get are for the rest of the week.  Personally I find weather bug more useful. 

0 Likes
Hexen525
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did a reboot. Left all apps running that were suppose to start. Box would not stay checked. I did a battery pull (habit from my BlackBerry days). Box still does not stay checked. Last night I uninstalled Advanced Task Killer (free version), rebooted, box still will not stay checked. GPS has been on this entire time. Weather Channel app works fine, but I like the look of the HTC Sense (one reason I bought this phone). It's not that it says it is suppose to update and is not. The check box to tell it to update does not stay checked, thus the app does not auto update. I check the box, close the settings window. Open the settings window back up and the check box is not checked.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Have you removed the widget and reloaded it?????

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Yeah man I tried to recreate your error with no luck. Mine stays checked when I want it. Now is it the app? I don't know. Try what you want. Good luck!
0 Likes
Hexen525
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ya. I've removed the widget from my desktop and tried launching it from the programs page. Still doesn't stay checked. If I delete the app from my phone, is there a way to reinstall it? Wondering if it's messed up, but not sure where I would go to find it again and not really wanting to wipe my phone again.

I don't think this is a "recreatable" issue. I playd with a buddy's Hero last night and he has no issues either. There are a few people on the HTC forums with this issue, but no solutions.

Thanx all for the ideas, keep them coming ^_^

0 Likes
budone
Legend

To reload the widget,

Click the + key

Click on Clock/HTC (5th option down)

Scroll to the left to the 3 object.Hit Select

Choose Current city

Next screen click Done.

0 Likes
Hexen525
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, seems I can't uninstall the HTC weather app. However I did go through the Settings>Application and cleared all the data and cache for everything that said either HTC or weather (hehe, defaulted my desktops too). Issue remains. It's not a setting I messed with, almost positive it's an app issue.

0 Likes
Hexen525
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got it figured out. Go to Settings>Accounts & Sync and check the Auto Sync box. Issues solved. Thanx all for the ideas. Much appreciated.

0 Likes