Re: HTC Passion
surgey
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's what I figured -- it doesn't make sense for them to release it so close to the droid's release...even though one has a keyboard and the other doesn't, they are still too much alike...I imagine most people would prefer the Passion anyways, if they had the choice (I know I would).  It would still be nice to have as a christmas present -- but oh well.  Hello Omnia 2 tomorrow!

Can't wait!!

0 Likes
royalglass

any good news lately? my friends roommate works as a verizon tech and said that the passion is coming to verizon but doesnt knowwhen. hope its true. all these rumors of  it goin to TM gettin me frustrated.

still gonna hold out a while and suffer with my horrible phone i have.

0 Likes
alguerin

The latest news on the Passion is that it's going to be delayed for further software changes. 

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-Passion-to-hit-Verizon-in-early-2010-with-3.5-OLED-display-artic...

:smileysad: I was hoping the Passion would be released before the end of this year. I just don't like the Moto Droid. Sense UI on Android 2.1 with Snapdragon on a big touch screen would be awesome.

0 Likes
dchase

Wow,

This board's gone quiet.  With all the news of the Bravo/Passion I would have thought this place would be bumping.  Way I look at it, this is the Omnia 2 with the great AMOLED screen and a beefier processor and memory, working off Android so the WINMO won't bog this phone down.  Hopefully it gets better should Google announce that ANDROID will allow apps to be put on the SD card.  As far as I see, that one change to ANDROID could take most of the wind out of WINMO's sails.

Anyone know if this one will be able to be upgraded to 4G with its high end hardware?  I am weary to dump any money into a contract which gives me yesterdays technology for 2 years.  If it does not get the faster data transfer rate that 4G offers, that would be ashamed.  This might affect if I use my NE2 or just get a 1YR and cough up the $100.

0 Likes
NotAgainVZ
I really hope this is wrong. http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/14/htc-nexus-one-blessed-by-the-fcc-with-t-mobile-and-att-huspa/ Why does Verzion pass up on the best technology? The Passion or now Nexus One going to T-Mobile
0 Likes
patrick_bateman

Agree completely, NotAgain...

Just posted over on the smartphone side of the forum about this.  The hope for the HD2/Passion/GPhone or whatever kept me from buying a Droid, but now it looks like the HD2 is going to the competition.  Really weird that Verizon keeps passing on these truly awesome phones.

0 Likes
dchase

I could be mistaken but the Nexus One does look like the original pics that were thought to be the passion, but the HTC bravo which holds similar specs is actually a different looking device.  Maybe Verizon is getting a decent phone.  I just hope we don't get any more Moto Droid like devices.  The thing is trash.  Get me something Amolled on android with memory and a nice processesor and please no keyboard.

0 Likes
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

http://thenextweb.com/2009/12/22/video-unboxing-pics-google-branding-nexus/

Here's a link to pics and video of the unboxing of what we all thought was going to be our beloved HTC Passion...now officially (according to the box it comes in now that we finally get to see here) the Google Nexus One.....

Oh if only Verizon could get something this awesome and sexy! ha ha

0 Likes
NotAgainVZ
What are the chances Verizon will debut a new Android phone at CES say like the Passion, Bravo or hey why not a Nexus One. Or will it just be the Palm Pixi that no one wants
0 Likes
Re: HTC Passion (Dragon? - Incredible?)
alguerin

I don't recall Verizon using CES to announce new phones in the past. Maybe Verizon will make a splash this year and announce the "Incredible" (new name for the Passion?) but I doubt it. I can only hope because I'd like to try a HTC high-end touch screen  phone with Android 2.1 to replace my Storm1. I'm getting real tired of RIM being unable to release a decent OS for the Storm1.

0 Likes