HTC Incredible reboot fix

davemishsr

Here is the fix I have found and resolved the reboot issue the one time I experienced it.
1) Power off the phone.
2) Press and hold the joystick when powering up the phone to bring up the boot menu.
3) Use the volume toggle to highlight "reboot".
4) Press the power button to select "reboot".
5) Once the phone is finished rebooting it should be fine.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: HTC Incredible reboot fix

Tristan

This doesn't work as a fix. I've tried it a dozens times.

Also, selecting "fast boot" and then "reboot" in that menu will not erase all your data, it will just reboot your phone. Selecting "Factory Reset" will erase everything, so don't choose that option.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

haktek1207

If you do that will it erase everything from your phone, like contacts and widgets and application...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Tristan

This doesn't work as a fix. I've tried it a dozens times.

Also, selecting "fast boot" and then "reboot" in that menu will not erase all your data, it will just reboot your phone. Selecting "Factory Reset" will erase everything, so don't choose that option.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I don't have a joystick on my phone...

0 Likes
Highlighted

newdb8

@emptyspiralforever He means use the volume rocker on the side of your phone by pressing the minus sign down like lowering the volume. I got the update to work by doing this **BUT** I did the Clear Cache and it put my phone back into factory reset so I had to re-activate the phone after the update went through the update process. Luckily all my contacts,photos, and music was on my SD card so I got my phone back to normal minus a couple apps from the Google Market but no more annoying update messages and the battery life seems a bit better now. Im running 4.08.605.15 710RD. Hope this info helps.

0 Likes