HTC Incredible is coming to Verizon
Androidatic
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible is coming to Verizon
Androidoholic
Enthusiast - Level 3

There really is no set time, a phone can be released the very next day after FCC approval. Typically 3 weeks. Most sites are saying that the Incredible should launch the same time as Nexus One, or possibly a week earlier. :smileywink: 

0 Likes
greggds

Androidoholic wrote:

There really is no set time, a phone can be released the very next day after FCC approval. Typically 3 weeks. Most sites are saying that the Incredible should launch the same time as Nexus One, or possibly a week earlier. :smileywink: 

I did contact a couple of Best Buy locations this morning because they typically offer pre-ordering of mobile phones prior to launch (2-3 weeks prior) - just to see if anything has hit their system yet.  They didn't hesitate at the mentioning of the Incredible and just said "I am sorry, but we are not able to pre-order that model at this time."

0 Likes
Androidoholic
Enthusiast - Level 3

greggds wrote:

I did contact a couple of Best Buy locations this morning because they typically offer pre-ordering of mobile phones prior to launch (2-3 weeks prior) - just to see if anything has hit their system yet.  They didn't hesitate at the mentioning of the Incredible and just said "I am sorry, but we are not able to pre-order that model at this time."

I just hope to hear something soon. I have been tracking this phone since November. My NE2 came up Jan.15 and the wait has been painful. 

0 Likes
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

Androidoholic wrote:

greggds wrote:

I just hope to hear something soon. I have been tracking this phone since November. My NE2 came up Jan.15 and the wait has been painful. 

I hear that.  Mine came up Feb. 20th and I'm hoping I don't have to wait too much longer.

0 Likes
Titanic

I felt like trying to push the envelope this morning, perhaps with my tongue:smileytongue:, so I sent VZW Customer Service an email telling them I was, with the email, placing a "pre-order" for an HTC Incredible at whatever the upgrade price was, as I am eligible, and would they let me know when it was ready to ship.

What the heck, nothing ventured nothing gained, right? And how much effort does it take to shoot out a presumptive missive?

Well, I got a call back this morning that was the second best conversation I'd ever had with VZW. (ask me about the first sometime.) 

The representative told me that they had no information on the Incredible but that she would notate my account and that they would contact me as soon as there was any availability! She also said that the first availability would be through a web site and that they, (this was Verizon speaking!) would call or send me an email! 

I was having such a good time to be told that Verizon was going to be pro-active that I asked if she knew anything about the HTC Incredible and she said that, having gotten my email, she went and looked on the web and read some of the buzz about it. We laughed together about all the noise about the phone and said goodbye.

So my take away from this conversation is;

The reps don't seem to be trained and aren't talking amongst themselves about the Incredible so its release is still a ways off. FYI a ways is = or > a while, but < a long time. Plug that in your Boolean calculator and run it on spin cycle to get a number.

Verizon is taking a very different view on maintaining Customer Satisfaction than they have in the past. i.e. "competition improves the breed".

0 Likes
Androidoholic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Titanic wrote:

I felt like trying to push the envelope this morning, perhaps with my tongue:smileytongue:, so I sent VZW Customer Service an email telling them I was, with the email, placing a "pre-order" for an HTC Incredible at whatever the upgrade price was, as I am eligible, and would they let me know when it was ready to ship.

What the heck, nothing ventured nothing gained, right? And how much effort does it take to shoot out a presumptive missive?

Well, I got a call back this morning that was the second best conversation I'd ever had with VZW. (ask me about the first sometime.) 

The representative told me that they had no information on the Incredible but that she would notate my account and that they would contact me as soon as there was any availability! She also said that the first availability would be through a web site and that they, (this was Verizon speaking!) would call or send me an email! 

I was having such a good time to be told that Verizon was going to be pro-active that I asked if she knew anything about the HTC Incredible and she said that, having gotten my email, she went and looked on the web and read some of the buzz about it. We laughed together about all the noise about the phone and said goodbye.

So my take away from this conversation is;

The reps don't seem to be trained and aren't talking amongst themselves about the Incredible so its release is still a ways off. FYI a ways is = or > a while, but < a long time. Plug that in your Boolean calculator and run it on spin cycle to get a number.

Verizon is taking a very different view on maintaining Customer Satisfaction than they have in the past. i.e. "competition improves the breed".

Verizon Reps are usually given a 1 week window before release. This phone is set to drop real soon. We should hear something at the upcoming CTIA on March 23rd. Expect a April early May release.

http://phandroid.com/2010/03/12/htc-incredible-new-pictures/

0 Likes
yanksrdb

Heres some more new regarding the Incredible from Engadget. If this is true, I may be getting this over the Nexus One. I guess we'll see!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/18/verizons-incredible-new-phone-may-be-in-stores-within-two-week/

0 Likes