HTC Incredible and pattern lock screen
ModernTenshi04

I'm wondering if there's a way to set the lock screen of the phone so it only requires me to draw a pattern to unlock the phone, instead of having to swipe down [i]and then[/i] draw the pattern.  I've seen my friend do this with his Moto Droid, and I'm aware that it could be something to do with the Sense UI.

Anyone know?

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible and pattern lock screen
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

1. Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Settings.

2. Scroll down the screen, and then tap Security > Set unlock pattern.

3. Read the information on the screen, and then tap Next.

4. Study the example pattern on the screen, and then tap Next.

5. Draw the screen unlock pattern by connecting at least four dots in a vertical, horizontal and/or diagonal direction. Lift your finger from the screen when finished.

( You must slide your finger on the screen to create the pattern

and not tap individual dots.)

6. The phone records the pattern. Tap Continue.

7. When prompted, draw the screen unlock pattern again, and then tap Confirm.

Clear the Use visible pattern check box if you do not want the unlock pattern to display on the screen when you unlock it.

To change your unlock screen pattern, press HOME > MENU, and then tap Settings > Security >Change unlock pattern.

When you fail to draw the correct unlock pattern on the screen after five attempts, you will be prompted to wait for 30 seconds before you can try again. If you forgot your screen unlock pattern, tap Forgot pattern. You will be prompted to sign in using your Google Account name and password, and create a new screen unlock pattern before the Home

screen displays.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
Uh Shayonte, I believe you missed the guy's question completely. He didn't ask how to set a lock pattern, he asked if there's a way to make it so it ONLY requires the unlock pattern, rather than a swipe down and THEN the unlock pattern. Sorry Bro, I don't know the answer or I'd just answer it myself. Of course I don't feel too bad, because Verizon doesn' seem to know the answer either. Kinda like when called the other day to say where the $#@* is my 2.1 update for my Eris(?) and the rep claimed to have no idea what I was talking about. Thanks Verizon!! No...I'm not bitter...really.
0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

@ModernTenshi04..I do apologize about misunderstanding your post. I thought your question was how to set up the lock pattern, but there's is not a way for you just to have ONLY the unlock pattern without sliding your finger down the screen. However, that is a great suggestion and Verizon Wireless is always looking for ways to enhance our way of doing business to better meet the needs of our customers. Your comments and suggestions provides us with the perfect opportunity to hear exactly what you think, and often leads to improvements you will see in the future. Once again, I do apologize about the confusion.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

sHaY_j wrote:

Verizon Wireless is always looking for ways to enhance our way of doing business to better meet the needs of our customers. Your comments and suggestions provides us with the perfect opportunity to hear exactly what you think.

How about telling us poor Eris owners when we're going to get the 2.1 OTA update we were promised at time of purchase of our phones??
0 Likes
shrano

I don't mind having the extra swipe down before entering the lock pattern.  I want to know if I can lock the screen on command, like my old BB Curve has a little "lock" button.  So when I put the phone in my pocket or purse and the screen inevitably gets swiped, apps get turned on, etc... I want to be able to lock it sooner than the 30 second or 1 minute "Screen Timeout" option.

0 Likes
stalkerish

shrano, try pressing the power button just once (don't hold down).  it locks it for me when I do this.  is this what you're talking about?

0 Likes
bbisbee

I think hes talking about when he wakes up his phone, he has to swipe his screend own and then it goes to the lock pattern. He just wants it to go straight to the lock pattern.

0 Likes
bgoldburg

Why cant I turn on the unlock pattern?

When I setup my phone I was told with Exchange Activesync I had to have an unlock password.  I set one up and now I cant turn it off or swtich to an unlock pattern?  Help

Also, is there a way to set how long the time out is before I need to add an unlock code again?  For instance right now the screen turns off based upon the screen timeout setting.  To conserve batteries I want to set it to 1 min.  If I do that I will be retyping my unlock password 40 times a day.  I want to set the screen timeout to 1 min. and the lock timeout to 3-5hrs or something like that.  The Iphone has 2 diff. settings for this.

If I could use a pattern at least it would be easier than typing a password all the time.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

bgoldberg.....what kind of phone? i'm not familiar with your problem, but maybe someone else is....but they may need to know what kind of phone you have. and if you don't get a solution on this thread, ask this question on a new thread because that sound like a real pain that should be easily fixed.

0 Likes