HTC Incredible Taking Solarized-like Photos after Froyo 2.2 Update
HorseFly

My phone camera was working perfect until the last update.  Now, every so often, it switches into a solarized-like mode for both pictures and videos.  When I go to effects, it says "None" (not Solarized).  I tried changing the effects to other things, messing with the white balance, resolution, etc.  and nothing will fix it short of trying again later when it may or may not be back to normal.  I contacted HTC support and did a hard reset which did seem to work for a week or so before it switched back into solarized again.  Now they want me to ship the phone off to NY for repair which is frustrating because I find it hard to believe it is just a coincidence the camera started doing this after the last software update.

Has anyone seen this problem with their phone?  Here are some pictures to compare what it is doing vs. when I actually put it in solarized mode:

What my Phone Takes when Broken
Actual Solarized Photo by Phone

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible Taking Solarized-like Photos after Froyo 2.2 Update
budone
Legend

You wouldn't have to ship it to get repaired just take it to Verizon for a replacement. I did read another post somewhere else about this issue, but it may have been your post.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible Taking Solarized-like Photos after Froyo 2.2 Update
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Something I tried a while back after getting 2.2, the default camera settings are crap.  keep all the default settings on the camera except the following:

White Balance - Auto

ISO - 1250

Resolution - 5MB or 8MB (i keep it 5 until VERIZON FIXES THE MESSAGE SIZE CAP!!!!)

Quality - high

Flicker Adj - Auto

that helped a bit for me.  

0 Likes