HTC Incredible, Possible to timestamp incoming texts with a "sent" time?
Droid-GT

Hi all.

New here

Is there away to have the time a text was sent from someone, as opposed to just what time it arrives at the handset? The only reason I ask is that my phone is off at night, and I'd like to know what time incoming texts were sent

My old LG Chocolate 3 would do this... you figure a $600 phone should be able to

Thanks

R

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible, Possible to timestamp incoming texts with a "sent" time?
budone
Legend

The phone has no way to collect and record the sent time of a messages as it is off. When it is off,  it is a glorified paperweight.

I would interested to hear from another Chocolate 3 owner to verify what you stated. I dont know how it could, 'know' the time a message was sent if truly powered down.

0 Likes
Droid-GT

It's not just the chocolate 3, any of the older LG phones, including enV and vx8600 (those 2 examples I know for sure because I owned them) had this feature.

0 Likes
Droid-GT

As a note, I just looked at 2 of my co-workers phones, they shut them off and I sent a text. Waited 5 min and turned them back on.

Phone displays "Sent time" and "Stored time" Both phones are LG... maybe this was just an LG thing? Still would be very dumb to not include it on such a "sophisticated" phone

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I have to say that is a neat feature on the LG's. I stand corrected! Ya may want to go to the HTC site and leave an email on that suggestion for upcoming updates.

0 Likes
Droid-GT

I did send HTC an E-mail about this about a week ago. They said that it was a "network" related item and I should ask my carrier about it... I didn't E-mail verizon about it because I'm sure they'd point back at HTC and I don't want a wild goose chase, just didn't know if there was a feature I was missing so I figured I'd post here and see of someone has come up with a walkaround

0 Likes
budone
Legend

No workaround that I am aware of.  Sounds like the LG's when accessing the messages in the queue from overnight has the pointers to show arrival time to the system (which I am sure is part of the text that arrives and sits.)

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

The device is working as designed. When the notification is received on the device that is the time that will appear on the message.

0 Likes
Droid-GT

Ms_Shonta wrote:

The device is working as designed. When the notification is received on the device that is the time that will appear on the message.

Although it may be "working as designed", I am still disappointed that HTC and Verizon couldn't work this issue out and Have a "time sent" stamp along with the text.

This way you can address the message based on what time it was sent... e.g. I get a message from a client and I don't know what time the text was sent if I'm out of service or if the phone is off. The priority of responding to an individual text message may be dependent on the time the text was sent.

lets work with HTC and get this resolved. Thanks

0 Likes
LWest

Thanks for posting this.  I came to the forum to ask the exact same question.  I've only ever had cell phones that posted the sent time of a message, so it was alarming to turn on my phone and see only the current time of the message received.  This seems unacceptable for a phone that does so much.

0 Likes