Re: HTC Incredible, Possible to timestamp incoming texts with a "sent" time?
BoShmo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ms Shonta / Sheneika,

I think the question is valid and doesn't really have to do with whether or not "the device is working as designed." That is a horrible, half a$$ answer, especially from a Verizon Wireless employee. Very contradictory of why I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for a decade. Maybe you could refer the inquiry to your Engineering department before just blurting out unhelpful and closed minded statements. Thanks.

0 Likes
Droid-GT

All,

Thanks for your support on this matter. I do believe it is an unacceptable answer from verizon also and they should do soemthing to resolve it. Work with HTC and your network engineers to get this fixed.

We would expect to see a software update soon that resolves this issue.

Thank you

0 Likes
budone
Legend

And it seems like a very simple switch to make. And I like the idea, I just never knew others phones chose to look at the sent time.

0 Likes
Harley_Chick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great question!  I've been wondering the same thing for the longest time.  I'll be interested to see if this ever gets resolved/changed. 

0 Likes
peakcomp

FEEDBACK  -  - 

I am having the same problem as described above ma'am.  Please update the software so we are able to tell WHEN the messages were sent over the network...and not just delivered to the handset itself.  to us , it looks like the message was just received but truly it could have been sent to us HOURS ago..

Thank you Verizon Wireless for looking out for the customer's point of view and requests.

Ken

0 Likes
peakcomp

I agree! 

Poor customer service. 

Ken

0 Likes
Droid-GT
Thank you everyone for your support.
Verizon, any updates for us?
0 Likes
budone
Legend

I think it is an HTC issue more than Verizon. The reason I say that is you mentioned the LG's posts the sent time. That tells me the phone and the pointers programmed in the phone determine where to look for the time.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

I apologize that the phone is designed to received notification time stamped on arrival. After researching that phone and a lot of other phones the HTC Incredible is not the only device that receive messages time stamped once it is alerted on your device.

0 Likes
peakcomp

Please put in a request to have an UPDATE applied to the Droid Incredible so that the messages are STAMPED on network received time, not delivery time. 

I know this is possible, as other phones, including my Blackberry have done this.  My blackberry told me exactly when it reached the other party's handset - A DROID should be able to do that and more!

Ken

0 Likes