HTC Incredible Droid: poor phone reception in house: advice pls !!!!
Rombalds

We have just switched from a Sprint/Sanyo "conventional" cell phone to an HTC Incredible (Verizon) smartphone.  Phone reception in our house is now dramatically inferior.  Any advice?  Is it possible to buy "boosters" or similar for this type of device.  The poor phone quality is making us re-think getting ride of our landline !!!!  Thanks for any advice offered.

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible Droid: poor phone reception in house: advice pls !!!!
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Rombalds wrote:

We have just switched from a Sprint/Sanyo "conventional" cell phone to an HTC Incredible (Verizon) smartphone.  Phone reception in our house is now dramatically inferior.  Any advice?  Is it possible to buy "boosters" or similar for this type of device.  The poor phone quality is making us re-think getting ride of our landline !!!!  Thanks for any advice offered.

I have read that reception is a problem on the Incredible. Boosters are indeed supposed to increase reception and signal strength. I know that they do work. You might consider getting one and testing it out. If that does not work you can just return the booster. You do have 30 days to try out a verizon phone. If something is wrong with it or you don't like it you can exchange it.

0 Likes
bsoa123
Enthusiast - Level 3

TheGreatOne wrote:

You do have 30 days to try out a verizon phone. If something is wrong with it or you don't like it you can exchange it.

Or return it completely...

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

I made a signal monitor app, its in the market "Real Signal". It's still basic, but it adds a static 5 bar into your notification bar. You can customize the bar signals too (signal strength is not a set range in all cases). Different providers rate bar strength differently.

It grabs the raw signal from the Android OS as some have suggested in other forums/posts the HTC's overrides the standard bar in some fashion.... if the bars are way off, it may be just a visual misrepresentation with the stock bars... <shrug>

However, my signal bar is a 5 bar, where HTC/Android is 4 bar by standard... so it may be a tad different.

0 Likes