HTC Incredible: Alarm Clock Won't Work and...
RenoLady

Ok so I set the system alarm clock last night.  Didn't work this morning.  Set it for 2 other times and waited for it to go off....didn't work.  So I loaded an alarm clock app.....you have to type a code to shut it off.  I am not that awake in the morning and I do not want to type in a code!  How do I make the system alarm clock work OR what is a decent alarm clock app to load?

Also, I loaded the yahoo messenger app and it will not stay logged on....how do I fix that?

Last, is there anything I can do to increase signal strength on this?  It seems to have very low signal in comparison to past phones (and my husbands blackberry too).

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible: Alarm Clock Won't Work and...
budone
Legend

RenoLady wrote:

Ok so I set the system alarm clock last night.  Didn't work this morning.  Set it for 2 other times and waited for it to go off....didn't work.  So I loaded an alarm clock app.....you have to type a code to shut it off.  I am not that awake in the morning and I do not want to type in a code!  How do I make the system alarm clock work OR what is a decent alarm clock app to load?

Also, I loaded the yahoo messenger app and it will not stay logged on....how do I fix that?

Last, is there anything I can do to increase signal strength on this?  It seems to have very low signal in comparison to past phones (and my husbands blackberry too).

Are you having call issues or are you basing it on the signal meter? Where I live I now see via the weather app that I have such a marginal signal that I am hitting one of three towers around me.

With my old phone I could send a text 5 or more times for it to go through. I would lose calls, I have had niether issue with this phone.

Also the alarm worked fine this morning.

0 Likes
Russdog

I am having the same problem with my alarm clock.. It worked once and hasn't since.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Make sure you are checking AM and PM.  I don't know how many times I have been messed up by not double checking.  My alarm wakes me up promptly and efficiently every morning. 

My signal strength is good.  I may not have as many bars in some places as i did with my droid but I also don't see my signal strength go up and down every half second while it is sitting on my desk like it did with the Droid.  *228 is a good thing to use because since I got this phone Last Friday I have had 3 PRL lists.   For those who think that is only for out of your home signal it is not the Roaming in the Priority Roaming List refers to the roaming from tower to tower not roaming to non Verizon towers.  The last PRL I got really wasa  noticeably improvement in my area.  I even get a good signal at my parents house which no other phone I have had can boast that. 

0 Likes
cynicalsoul000

I had the same problem with my alarms but I think I may have fixed it.  Are you using a Task Killer of any variety?  You have to be sure that the task killer is not shutting down your alarm.  I was able to fix it by setting the alarm anew, and then immediate going to taskiller and ignoring it.  It does not seem to work unless you set a new alarm and then ignore it in taskiller.  

0 Likes
Diamond01

Its definitely the task killer.

0 Likes
Androidatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem with my Eris.  When I killed the tasks, it killed the Alarm Clock as well..  Add the Alarm Clock to your Task Killer exception list. Once I did that on my Eris, the problem was solved.

0 Likes
amz2323

Yep definitely sounds like a task killer.  Its what they are made for.  Exclude it from your task killer, or make sure to set your alarm right before you go to bed(IE so the process wil be running again. You can use your phone after, just don't use task killer)

And as always, Task Killer don't just make your phone faster.  They can if used right, so be sure, if you decide to use one, you research it and know what it does in full.

0 Likes