HTC Incredible 2 doesn't always charge...now dead
fanofnyrangers

I've replaced the battery within the last 2 months. The phone will charge a few times but then does not charge and the battery dies. I just recently replaced the battery but I still have the same issues. I've tried different chargers and cords with the same outcome. Eventually it would decide to start charging again but now it's been dead for 2 days with no luck. I would have a flashing orange light that would go away. Sometimes a steady orange light that would go away. I've put the old battery back in the issue still remains. What is causing this and how do I fix it?

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible 2 doesn't always charge...now dead
PaleRoze

It sounds like an issue with your USB charging port. It could be dirty, loose, or defective.

I just bought this phone a few days ago, while I was reading the reviews I saw a lot of people mentioning the phone stops charging after a year or so. There is a repair part you can buy for about $7 that might fix it. Search "HTC Droid Incredible 2 Charging Port USB Dock Connector Repair Part" or click this link to view it on Amazon. Keep in mind, if you take your phone apart this will void your warranty. If you plan on replacing it, you should also take a look at a how-to video and make sure you have the necessary tools.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes