HTC Incredible 2 Errors After SW Update?
ki-ri-n

I just starting having ALL sorts of issues that I've seen others having but mine all seemed to start after a SW update.  I haven't installed any apps prior to the SW update (phone appeared to be working fine prior) or after.

I would get Car & Dock mode turning on without touching the phone (with & without it being plugged in)

External speaker would turn off (ear phone jack still worked).

And other little buggy things that seamed wierd but not like above.

Cycling the power, would cure these issues and all seamed normal.  Then I started to have to pull the battery to cure these ills.  But it started getting worse & worse. Now it appears to be locked up.

Phone will not turn on now.  It will come up to the HTC screen then go off.  I've pulled the battery (it was/is fullly charged), re-installed, same thing.  If I use the alternate method to do a hard reset I see "***LOCKED***" at the top of the screen.

Is the only way to fix this is to do a factory re-set?

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible 2 Errors After SW Update?
ki-ri-n

I broke down and tried a factory reset but even that doesn't work!  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible 2 Errors After SW Update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for following up on your issue ki-ri-n! If these issues are still happening after a factory reset, your issue is likely a hardware problem. Our next step would be to seek replacement options. Please follow and DM me ( MikeS_VZW ) with your name, phone number, and a good time to reach you. I'll call as soon as possible. You can also reach our Warranty Center at 866-406-5154 for further assistance.

I certainly hope we can get this fixed once and for all!

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes