HTC Incredible 2 Charging Malfunction
LanaBee12

My Incredible 2, seems to be having it's reoccurring nightmare that I've had with my previously replace Incredible 2s.  My phone dies quickly, and when it's placed on the charger it will hold the charge, (not increase charge), or decrease charge down to 1% or 0%. Or, as the phone slowly charges up, phone usage will cause the charge to decrease even if it's on the charger. The only solution is letting the phone charge with out using it.

I've had this problem numerous times. Usually I just get the phone replaced. Howeer, the last time it happened, the problem went away on its on. This was of course after trying different wall adapters and usb's.  I did find that when I used the HTC specified wall adapter (long rectangular plug) my phone seemed to charge. I am not exactly sure what the problem is, but out of laziness I will continue to not use my phone while it's slowly charging, until it becomes unbareable.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Incredible 2 Charging Malfunction
Torq2112
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Incredible 2 with the same charging problem.  It's the usb port that's worn out.  I ordered a replacement from Ebay for $10 and that will do the trick.  Of course you have to be willing to disassemble your phone and replace the broken part (it's actually pretty easy)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RobinPickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing is happening to me.  Customer"service" told me its a software/manufacturers defect.  However, since I have had my phone for more than 1 year, they won't do anything.  They offered to sell me an I phone for 350 bucks, or buy out of my contract for 210 bucks.  I wont be doing either.  I also wont be staying with Verizon.  I was also told, they don't have any Incredible2's in stock anymore... my guess is to why they will not help....

0 Likes
Torq2112
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Incredible 2 with the same charging problem.  It's the usb port that's worn out.  I ordered a replacement from Ebay for $10 and that will do the trick.  Of course you have to be willing to disassemble your phone and replace the broken part (it's actually pretty easy)

0 Likes
RobinPickles
Enthusiast - Level 2

But my phone light lights and the battery shows charging movement when plugged in. But thanks for the idea, I bought a extended battery, and a external charger..hope that works without being too much if a pain!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

0 Likes