HTC Droid Incredible Caller ID not working after 2.2 Froyo update !!
jasonvancouver

HTC Droid Incredible Caller ID not working after 2.2 Froyo update !!

Hello everyone... I am looking for a solution to the caller ID problem that occured after updating to OS 2.2

Basically, for my contacts, sometimes their caller ID will show up and other times it will not show up.

For example, Joe Smith could call me from his cell at 12 noon and no caller ID details on given on the phone, just a phone number.   Then at 1215pm, he calls back ( from the same #) and I see his caller ID information.

Has anyone heard of this issue ??

Anyone have a fix ??

I have done a hard reset on my phone twice with now resolution

PLEASE HELP !!!

ps - are these forums moderated by Verizon...ie) do they help us find solutions to these problems ???

0 Likes
Re: HTC Droid Incredible Caller ID not working after 2.2 Froyo update !!
budone
Legend

This is the first I have heard of this issue. 

There are a couple Verizon employees who show up occasionally, but this site is mostly customer to customer.

0 Likes
gratfuldead69

I'm also having this issue. It does seem to be intermittant. Have not found a solution yet.

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some steps below that may help with the Caller Id issue you are experiencing.

1. Try completing a soft reset on the device. A soft reset would be powering the device off and pulling out the battery. Once the battery is removed, place it back in and power the device back on.
  2. Dial *228 and send. Once dialed, listen for the recording to prompt you for option 1 and select option 1. The phone should complete its programming within a minute.
  3. Ensure you are using the areacode and 7 digit number format (ex. 9999951212)
  4. Try removing the contact and re-adding it.
0 Likes
bluezebra

I'm also having the exact same issue.  Local rep told me the signal in my area was weak and keeping the phone from accessing contact information.  I went to a strong signal area, did the *228, rebooted and still the same thing.

I don't get caller ID or anything for incoming calls and also no ID for the contacts entered into my phone.

I'm always guessing who is calling me.  This issue seemed to start when City ID expired.  I will not pay $1.99 a month

to know what city the caller is in.  Local rep said you can uninstall it.  I've looked and the uninstall button is greyed out.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you think it City ID is the issue, try this.

MENU>SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS  Choose the, "All" tab.

Scroll down to City ID, clear data and if Force Stop can be triggered, do so.

See if Caller ID contact names come back. I don't think that is the issue as I have never lost the Caller ID contact names. But worth a shot.

0 Likes
joker4life

I have had this same problem since day 1 of getting my phone.....incoming calls are always unavailable but whenever I call out it shows exactly who im calling!!! Please let me know if you have found a fix to this problem!!  Thx!

0 Likes
jasonvancouver

Thanks for the advice.  I will give it a try.

I cannot believe that people are freaking out about this more... I can't seem to find a solution on any of the forums !!

VERIZON, WE NEED YOUR HELP. 

WHY DOESN'T CALLER ID WORK AFTER THE 2.2 FROYO UPDATE !!!!

0 Likes
bluezebra

Still having the same problem.  It appears to be a problem with City ID.  Local Verizon office told me it could be uninstalled.  I can't seem to find out how to uninstall an application that has the uninstall button "greyed out".  After forcing stop the application, it turns itself back on after every call.  When that happens I lose the city the call is coming from, but I still get the number showing.  Other times I don't receive anything.  I NEVER know who's calling me and it's getting annoying. Hell, with AT&T, I knew who was calling me....just couldn't stay connected.  Now if I miss a call..I don't have any clue as to  who to call back.

Get this City ID crap app off my phone....that's all I want...it's not too much to ask....please...!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The rep was misinformed, City ID CAN NOT be removed from the Incredible.(Without voiding your warranty)

You are not going to get the city any longer for a call due to CityID. They want you to PAY for that tad bit of info. For other calls, what shows up or does not show up?  Does it say number unavailable??? That could simply be a call block or a restricted number. I have never seen any anomalies because of CityID being on the device..

Give us some more info and maybe we can offer some advice.

0 Likes