HTC Droid Incredible 4g not calling and not sending sms/mms
cdburkhart

I have been a Verizon customer for a several years, and I am starting to look at other providers (How ya doing Sprint with your family plan?)

I picked Verizon because my work took me all over the country and I needed to have service not mater what, so I was willing to pay a higher price

Until the last six months or so..When my phone decided to stop being a phone whenever it felt like it. Facebook, Pandora and all those apps are great, but when the phone app, contact app and messaging app crash (or don't even connect or load) I have to wonder what am I paying for?

It really came to head this weekend when I had two clients try and get in touch with me, and my phone didn't and still has not received anything. I also found out, the customers I tried to email or text from my phone didn't receive anything. It was very embarrassing and it hurt my reputation. This is a major problem and needs resolution. I stopped going to the Verizon store because the associates there default to say call tech support. I quick calling tech support, for a few reasons: 1. my phone has issues making calls. 2. Their solution is restart your phone or restart the app.

How often am I supposed to restart my phone or app? Every three hours? Come on, I thought I was paying more for a higher quality of service. If you where an employee I would have fired by you now.

You have until October (when my contract is up) to impress me. Please understand, I will be posting this on Facebook as well, I demand some sort of satisfactory resolution.  

0 Likes
Re: HTC Droid Incredible 4g not calling and not sending sms/mms
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's imperative that you have a reliable device that you can count on especially when using the device for business purposes. To ensure that I have full understanding of the issue is the issue occurring all over the country? In regards to the phone app and messaging app crashing have you recently cleared out cache and data from those apps. In the messaging app I suggest clearing threads as well. You can clear data and cache from the app by heading into Settings > Applications > Manage Apps > All and then find the specific applications ( Contacts / Messaging ).

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cdburkhart

How often should I do that?

More then once a day?

Because that is where I am at.

So...yeah, that's not the solution. I am looking into rooting my phone, but I really don't want to. I mean I am doing quarterly hard resets already trying to get rid of the low space error, and to try and correct the phone not calling/texting.

My phone book has issues loading, to where caller id won't display nor will it show contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying Cdburkhart.
You shouldn't have to do that daily. I'm sorry this has been occuring. Let's see if an application is causing this. Please power the device in Safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://vz.to/1hYQy7a

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
HuskerFan
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no good reason that we should have to restart our devices every damn day.  I guess this is one more incident where the issue doesn't fit the script for you to help us out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I agree that you shouldn't need to restart your device every day HuskerFan, and I'm not showing that as a suggestion. Are you having issues making calls and sending sms as well? How long has this been going on? Are you receiving any errors?

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes