HOW TO SLOVE MOST PROBLEMS FROM GB UPDATE
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

I didn' t want to admit but the smart people like wildman and you that have been on here a while,if you want to solve most of your problems with gingerbread go ahead and and do a factory reset and erase your sd card also.You can save your important stuff on your pc and put it back after reset.

I did mine and it runs like a brandnew phone no bugs doubled battery life everything runs smooth and works good/

So bite the bullet and wipe and reset you will live over it.

MANY THANKS WILDMAN

0 Likes
Re: HOW TO SLOVE MOST PROBLEMS FROM GB UPDATE
Wildman
Legend

Glad to help and glad it worked out for you as well.... 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
i didn't do a reset, didn't erase the card and the upgrade was fine.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

bearone21 wrote:
i didn't do a reset, didn't erase the card and the upgrade was fine.

This is the best way to advoid issues, usually most issues come from incompatible software or settings from the older software.. There is a number of users that update goes fine but for the ones that always run into issues after a update a hard reset would minimize the issue before hand.

Glad it works out for you but as for the number of users that experianced issues right after upgrading, a hard reset usually would have save a bunch of headache and time.

I really am hoping android will update the installation process for updating a device to including backupung up personal data, wipe system update and then reinstall apps and data like the iphone installation does, this is another reason they run into less issues during update processes..  And yes the iphone does format device during installation process for those that believe diffrent.. :smileysurprised::smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

+1

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

but no guarantee that it'll make any difference.

have seen too many folks here who did the factory reset and still had issues or needed to replace the phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

True but that is a small percentage and I have noticed that their situation is that they become impatient to wait until the device builds cache and boots past M, they pull the battery and usually cause issues....  

Nothing is guaranteed but any one that thinks about it, installing a totally new OS over a older version written on a diffrent base code usually leads to issues, this is why Windows 7 wont upgrade Windows 98 or XP correctly..   Its just a programmer rule to not mix unsupported Apps, plus if there isn't any difference in OS the developer wouldn't have to update their software to support the upgraded OS.

But when all said and done I work to make the upgrade goes as smooth as possible not encourage the user to believe not to research solutions, I understand, you have your way and I have mine and Im not trying to change you opinion, so I do not see any issues say both approaches are sound solutions.

0 Likes