0 Likes
Re: HELP! On 4th Incredible wont charge bout to cry :(
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

No problem anytime :smileyhappy:).

0 Likes
wahgirl

I can completely understand what you are going through.  I am in the process of having my 4th Incrdible sent  to me.

1)   Randomly hangs up on people, and randomly calls people.  Even turns itself on while in the middle fo a flight.  (Store orders a replacement, see 2)

2)  Keeps power cycling itself, dont even have enough time to activate before turning itself off. (Sent 3rd phone)

3)  Having the same problem as you.  It shows it is charging in both the green bar, and under settings.  Not actually charging.  Drained the battery so much had to put in phone #1 to charge (luckily had not sent back yet).   Store replaced battery yesterday because thought it was the battery.  Took home last night, thats when I did the troubleshooting myself.  It will charge in phone #1, but if I unplug #1 take battery out and place in #3 and try, NOTHING but running down.

4) Was ordered today by the store, we will see how this one works. 

I love this phone when it works properly and doesnt call random people on its own.

0 Likes
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your DInc troubles. It's difficult to imagine going through 4 different phones (even refurbished ones) and not getting on that works. Sounds like you deserve a brand new one. Here's to hoping your next fix will solve all your phone woes.

0 Likes
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

budone,

Your car charger does not charge your DInc when using navigation? Do you own a VZ car charger? I cannot say I have investigated this with my own car charger, but I know it has not gone dead after a couple of hours of navigation (which I'm sure it would do if it wasn't charging). It definitely charges with the music player going, I suppose because the screen does not need to be on constantly as it does with navigation.

Just curious.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

kschaub wrote:

budone,

Your car charger does not charge your DInc when using navigation? Do you own a VZ car charger? I cannot say I have investigated this with my own car charger, but I know it has not gone dead after a couple of hours of navigation (which I'm sure it would do if it wasn't charging). It definitely charges with the music player going, I suppose because the screen does not need to be on constantly as it does with navigation.

Just curious.

Yep. Froyo 2.2 changed the charging level. To charge the phone now takes longer than before 2.2 When using Navigation, (I did it only due to others complaints...I have a GPS) and the phone will very slowly lose it's charge when using the car charger and navigation.

0 Likes
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not good. I prefer the Droid's navigation over my GPS; it's more up to date!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it will slowly drain, but if it's plugged in, it will "charge" a bit slower than it will "drain" so you should still be able to use it for many hours. 

0 Likes
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks AZSALUKI. At least that has been my experience so far.

0 Likes
sharoneng

I am fed up with my Incredible (NOT) experience.  On my second one and it must be a refurbished one because I, too, have had issues with bad touchscreen, freezing and just rebooting whenever it wants.  I've had this replacement for less than a week.  I couldn't get the first one to sync with my Ford Escape and this one won't either.  I had been very happy with Verizon for years, but am seriously thinking about switching when my contract is up.  I can't seem to get a good answer to which touchscreen phones work with the Sync.  I thought I might get Verizon to let me get a new phone at the renewal price, but there are so many phones that apparently are having problems.  H-umm, do you think it might be the Sync?  Anyone with any suggestions, please let me know.  Please don't try to explain technical remedies, as I'm not up on all the technology.

0 Likes