HELP! On 4th Incredible wont charge bout to cry :(
alyytini

I am currently on my FOURTH HTC Droid Incredible.

1st one- after downloading froyo it deleted all contacts and ringtones and a bright line was permanently on the top of my screen so they had a new one ordered for me.

2nd one- refurbished ... touch screen barely worked. It got worse the longer I had it. After a few weeks I took it in and they ordered me a new well refurbished one.

3rd one- charged at first, shown it was charging took it off charger completely died and wouldnt charge at all to even turn on. I begged for a brand new phone they said it must be my battery they gave me a new battery said it was charging correctly .. phone worked so i  went about my way.

A few hours later from leaving verizon store while charging it completely turned off wouldnt turn back on no matter what. Went BACK to verizon they said the first battery i got from another store must not have been new they gave me a new battery it worked i left and the SAME thing happened when i went to charge it. UGH!

Next morning went BACK to verizon they asked to see my charger i showed them they said it wasnt a verizon one (true a walmart one) and said it was the charger. They replaced battery i left. SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN!

Went back a few hours later they said it must be phone ordered me a new phone. They changed my phone back to the one before where the touch screen was messed up b/c well at least that one turned on. Suprisingly the touch screen was working but started messing up within 24 hours.

4th one- the one i currently have- I got it in the mail today worked fine with my battery from the other phone. I put it on the charger it was charging or so it said but the little green line wasnt going all the way over to charge just showed the little lightning bolt if that makes sense? Sure enough hours later when i took it off the charger it is now almost dead and not charging on that charger which is an htc or my car charger OR my computer charger. I am so mad they wont just give me a brand new phone obviously these refurbished ones are messed up!?

Help what do i do? I dont wanna go to vzw in the morning and they order me another refurbished! I love this phone i just want one that works!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP! On 4th Incredible wont charge bout to cry :(
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

I do apologize you are having issues with your phone. I will need more time to research your issue and the account. Thanks Leslie

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you using a car charger and using the phone for other purposes, the phone will not charge. My car charger no longer charges if I am using the phone. It may keep the charge level where it was, but if streaming music or navigating, with 2.2 it will not charge.

As for the lightning bolt, I do not see that when I charge.I do not believe this phone has one. The bluetooth icon kind of looks like one. I Only see the LED light.  (Are you seeing the LED light) If you see the LED light and the phone is not charging it is not the phone, it is the charger.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if it is properly charging you will see an orange led light and if you wake up the screen you should see the battery icon with a lighning bolt inside of it...and yes, the green bar moves from right to left while it charges. I wonder if it has something to do with the outlets you use??? it seems like it charges fine while in the store, but then not when you get home. if it's the same phone, battery, and charger...then the only variable is the outlet being used. maybe try a different outlet? sharging through the car or pc takes forever anyhow, so i would focus on trying to isloate the problem while charging it with the actual htc charger, an actual htc battery, and a wall outlet. if it still isn't charging properly, then i would stomp my feet and kick and scream until they give you a brand new one (although i don't believe it's the fact that you're recieving refurbs. i actually buy those because i feel they are just as good as new devices).

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Try using the Wall/USB Charger that came with device to charge device instead of the HTC charger from Wal-mart; car charger or your computer charger. Let me know if fully charges? LC*

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Radio Shack sells a nice Blackberry 700mA micro-usb charger (i bought 3, desk, backpack, suitcase), and they work perfectly with my dinc. Full charge in just a few hours.
0 Likes
pwjohnso

I can relate. I'm on my second (not so) Incredible and I'm hating this phone more and more every day. It won't hold a charge, it won't pair with SYNC in my Ford, there are multiple apps running all the time, and getting help from Verizon is like, well, getting help when I was with Sprint.

And yes, I have Advanced Task Killer for Froyo but I can't crank it high enough to kill all of the worthless apps and still maintain bluetooth capabilities. You don't own this phone - it owns you....

0 Likes
FramCire

I can relate. I'm on my second (not so) Incredible and I'm hating this phone more and more every day. It won't hold a charge, it won't pair with SYNC in my Ford, there are multiple apps running all the time, and getting help from Verizon is like, well, getting help when I was with Sprint.

And yes, I have Advanced Task Killer for Froyo but I can't crank it high enough to kill all of the worthless apps and still maintain bluetooth capabilities. You don't own this phone - it owns you....

Get rid of Advanced Task Killer!  All it will do is shut off apps and let them restart.  This will kill your battery,  Most of the apps it will kill are technically active but actually using almost no juice. 

Also, OP needs to make sure he/she is using the HTC cord that came with the phone.  Many others will work, but not all. 

Final thought:

The two things that needs to be done with froyo are fastory reset and remove task killers.

0 Likes
pwjohnso

So why does every single person I have talked to at Verizon ask me if I have ATK and then say good when I tell them I do?

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Because sometimes you can get away with having an ATK running, killing apps, apps restart, and you don't get an error when you open the same app again. Lucky move!
Another possibility is these people are following old practices from previous Android phones and don't yet understand Froyo is not designed to run atk's.
Many will disagree with this rule against atk's, and many agree with me.
Try this, uninstall the task killer. It was free I know. Uninstall the task killer, pull your battery, turn phone back on and give it one week. I can almost guarantee you'll have no more problems.
If I'm wrong, well then reinstall it. No harm done.
0 Likes