Re: HELP!!! Droid X or Droid Incredible??? I'm aware of shipping date on DINC... but.....
Obiareus
Enthusiast - Level 3

blkhwkgrl3 wrote:

Of course a few of my iphone friends just HAD to make comments but I told them to keep their comments to themselves since I won't leave the VZ network to go to a crappy reception network!!! We've been VERY loyal VZ customers for over 8 yrs now.

Thanks again for all the input!!!! Much appreciated!!!

it's good to see people on here with positive things to say about VZW i have been a customer for 5.5 years and love them. I almost went to AT&T for the Iphone then i was introduced to the Android line. Not saying anything wrong with Iphone i think it is a awesome phone to i just don't like AT&T(plus where i live there are a few people with iphones and they get little to no service here in BFE Oklahoma.

0 Likes
Re: HELP!!! Droid X or Droid Incredible??? I'm aware of shipping date on DINC... but.....
numb683

I have noticed people mentioning how the X can capture video in 720p has an HDMI out and can be used as a mobile hot spot this is true but I have read about an update that will bring 720p and mobile hot spot to the Incredible and it can also be connected to a TV through the USB port (Will not be high def though). Another thing is that the hot spot feature could be blocked by VZW and require an additional fee since they charge for things like tethering unless you root your phone, both phones are nice but I went with the Incredible and haven't regretted it at all it is a great phone and I like the size better then the X also I like HTC Sense UI combined with Android its awesome.

I would say get the Incredible but if you don't want to wait then go with the X, the good news is that they are catching up and shipping the Inc sooner then promised at this point probably because of people waiting for the X or cancelling Inc orders to preorder the X... You could also just flip a coin :smileywink: 

0 Likes
Wherezmydinc

I say DX. I got my DINC on 7/12... and returned it to VZW Store on 7/18. I had 6 days with this phone. I really liked it, the size was great for the female hand, the widgets are cool.

Day 5, suddenly the screen goes out, for about 5-8 seconds and comes back. I'm thinking..ok? I D/L The Whip app and maybe there was a problem? I uninstalled and still the problem continued. I babied the phone during those 6 days and for the screen to suddenly cut off and on like that. I was upset. I waited just like other people had for at least a month only to be disappointed.

I didn't have heavy use with the phone, I was gentle and it was correctly charged. I did everything by what VZW called for and in my excitement of waiting for the phone I watched and read anything on the web I could about it.

I feel educated on the DINC, and I was just very sad that I would have to wait another 30 days to receive a replacement. So I opted for the DX, which is on a 7 day waiting period.

I hope this helps. Though, I have seen some issues with the DX screen coming out. I wish there was a really nice touch screen Blackberry out there now I would probably go with that given the choice.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
blkhwkgrl3
Enthusiast - Level 3

"I hope this helps. Though, I have seen some issues with the DX screen coming out. I wish there was a really nice touch screen Blackberry out there now I would probably go with that given the choice."

@Wherezmydinc - I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!! I've had 2 blackberry's and have grown to really like them, but I wish they'd get into the race with the Droids... that's the only reason I've decided to jump ship on the Blackberry and I am not too fond of the Storm2... I will see what happens w/ the dinc and if not happy will return it back to the store... thank you for your reply!!!! 

0 Likes
kpex

We have 2 Incredibles in our house and 1 Droid X.  Pros and cons to both, but I must say that I wish we had never waited on the Droid X.  There are screen issues, and no matter what Verizon says, they seem to be more widspread than even the Apple iPhone antenna issues.  But here's the real problem: if you get one of the phones (and remember, Motorola has publically acknowledged them), Verizon will make you jump right back in line for a replacment.  They WILL NOT, under any circumstances, get you a replacement any faster than if you had just ordered another one yourself. 

So, faced with the two, my recommendation is to go with the one that may not leave you hanging for the next month or two...or three.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

kpex wrote:

So, faced with the two, my recommendation is to go with the one that may not leave you hanging for the next month or two...or three.

C'mon, the ship date is LESS than two weeks from today.

0 Likes
kpex

Sure...assuming that you get one without a screen issue.  But if you do, then Verizon will put you right back at the very, very, end of the line and that could very well take 2-4 more weeks to straighten out.  And of course since many are reporting issues several days into their Droid X use, there is always the anxiety of just waiting for the screen to go bad.  That's all I was trying to point out here.  

0 Likes
budone
Legend

kpex wrote:

Sure...assuming that you get one without a screen issue.  But if you do, then Verizon will put you right back at the very, very, end of the line and that could very well take 2-4 more weeks to straighten out.  And of course since many are reporting issues several days into their Droid X use, there is always the anxiety of just waiting for the screen to go bad.  That's all I was trying to point out here.  

Take it you are a glass half empty type of person. Just kidding! :smileyvery-happy: We all have anxiety. With my phone i fear when I take it out of the holster I will drop it.

But you keep throwing out outlandish time frames which are NOT the case.

0 Likes
kpex

Actually, the times are probably no that far off.  Those who ordered on the 15th were fulfilled on the 16th, those who order on the 18th are being fulfilled by the 23rd, and those who ordered on the 20th are now pushed all the way to at least August 3rd (according to the sales page).  And of course the same thing happened with the Incredible, where some of those orders were pushed to nearly a month.

There is definitely a strong indication that timelines are getting stretched, and quite often.

In fact, I may actually just go and order another Incredible right there along with my Droid X.  That way I can hold on to both and if one dies I can just activate the other.  I hate to have to do that, of course, but if Verizon refuses to to anything but put me at the back of line when the brand new phone fails.  And as long as I return one of the phones within 30 days, there is no additional cost to me for doing this little trick.

0 Likes

I have my Incredible about 3 weeks.  Love the phone!  And Verizon customer service is incredible, too!

0 Likes