Group Texting
See_Sue

Has anyone determined how to send a group text on the new driod?

0 Likes
Re: Group Texting
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

On my android phone I just put coma's between each phone number. Example: 909-999-9999,777-666-5555 .Then send a group text like that.

0 Likes
DznyFan

Two questions.  Is there any way to select multiple contacts from the list to send a text to?  When I start typing in the To: field, if I type in the first few letters for my wife or son their contact info shows up and I can select them but not for anyone else on my list.  What am I missing?

0 Likes
davisson444

I figured out how to do send a group text.  Once you do it, it actually is quite simple.

Just go the message screen where it shows all messages.  Tap "Compose Message".  Enter in the first person you want to include in the text.  Once that person appears in the "To:" box, simply tap the "To:" box again and it will allow you to enter in another contact.  The first contact you will see listed directly below the "To:" box.

I LOVE THIS PHONE!

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

The Driod Eris can add multiple contacts from a selection list, but it appears the MotoDroid cannot.

You may have to use ChompSMS or the Handcent SMS client. The stock SMS application doesnt have alot of features. I personally have used Handcent and it has enough features to make your head spin!

If you install a 3rd party SMS application, make sure you disable notifications from the stock SMS app.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

I just confirmed... Handcent does have a small in the To: box. It brings up your contacts with an option to check which to send a message to.

0 Likes
mricet1005
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you set up a "goup" contact list instead of having to check the list of contacts each time you want to send and email?  I have an organization I regularly send texts to. On my last phone (not a smart phone), I could set up a group and give it a name. Then just had to enter that one name into the To:, the software expanded that out to up to 10 contacts.

kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

When you click the you'll have 3 tabs... "Contact", "Group" and "Recent"

Give it a try.. I think its what you need. It also reads in all your existing messages.. its seemless. That's how android operates... the SMS apps dont store the messages, the "messaging" system contains them.

I recommend changing the (setting-->conversation system) to Android tho.. the default is "conversation bubbles"... /=

0 Likes